Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace

Well whoever was backing palace's penalty taker for an anytime goal was onto a pretty good/safe bet. We'll stay up and that's what's making me shrug my shoulders rather than getting worked up but this is fucking shite tbh. A draw or a narrow win when we're likely to stay up wouldn't have been as celebrated as it would've been a few weeks ago. Modern football brought to you by Mike Ashley, eh? Absolute shite.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

SHITE......FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Should have known this would happen,  we don't win winnable games.

I AM REALLY PISSED OFF.

Another weekend ruined, I'm too old for this depression and frustration thrust upon me.

C'mon Rafa, GET IT FUCKING RIGHT.

I have to say that Almiron isn't affecting games as much as Rafa hoped, no assists and no goals yet. He shows glimpses of what he can do but he hasn't had a solid impact in recent games where we need him to step up. One bit of magic yesterday would have swayed a tight game.

I think that's a little harsh on him.

It will take some time to settle from the MLS.  He is having an effect in other area's.  Teams are clearly shit scared of his pace so are putting more focus on him which is giving Rondon and Perez more time on the ball.

Yesterday he was a little quieter than normal but still made some great runs.

At the end of the season we need a massive clearout, but in all honesty, we won't as that means a big recruitment drive and we know the SP there.  I like Ritchie and he's been an honest player for us and grafted but he's not cutting the mustard anymore.  If Almiron had better quality than him I think he would flower better.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I think that's a little harsh on him.

It will take some time to settle from the MLS.  He is having an effect in other area's.  Teams are clearly shit scared of his pace so are putting more focus on him which is giving Rondon and Perez more time on the ball.

Yesterday he was a little quieter than normal but still made some great runs.

At the end of the season we need a massive clearout, but in all honesty, we won't as that means a big recruitment drive and we know the SP there.  I like Ritchie and he's been an honest player for us and grafted but he's not cutting the mustard anymore.  If Almiron had better quality than him I think he would flower better.

Perez is poor aswell, yes he's scored important goals in the past but in the main he just floats through games looking for soft free-kicks.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 00:07, wykikitoon said:

He should have been brought on earlier.  Cant expect to change the game or get into it with 70+ mins gone.

Looked like it would take at least 90 minutes for him to get his radar working.  Seemed right off his game and not happy at being benched in the first place.  He needs to be playing from the start or not at all.

He was misplacing 10 yard passes. Hasn't started the last 26 games apparently. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the summer. 

And if Perez is itching to leave id sell him too. He scores a few goals but flatters to deceive most matches for me. The squad needs an overhaul unfortunately. GK and CBs are sorted. Every other position is short on quality

Edited by Kid Dynamite

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He was misplacing 10 yard passes. Hasn't started the last 26 games apparently. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the summer. 

And if Perez is itching to leave id sell him too. He scores a few goals but flatters to deceive most matches for me. The squad needs an overhaul unfortunately. GK and CBs are sorted. Every other position is short on quality

Does Perez want to leave? For where?

36 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Perez recently said in spanish press he want to comeback to Spain in the future. But I think he is not thinking for this summer. 

What kind of level of team do you think he would end up with in Spain?

I was disappointed with Almiron the other night against Arsenal. But then we were pretty awful from 1-11 so perhaps harsh to single him out. I watched him closely for glimpses of magic but he didn’t do much when he did manage to get on the ball. Early days obviously.

Thought Almiron was better than he'd been in a few weeks on Saturday.

At the end of the day, we did more than enough to win that game comfortably.  But if you don't put your chances away you'll get punished more often than not at this level.  Nothing to be concerned or particularly excited about though.

• Like 1

I think Almiron is class personally. 

Works hard, fast as fuck, skillful, good shot. He started well, then had a long international break, then has played in 2 poor games against Arsenal and Palace. A full pre season and some better players around him and I reckon he will have a very good 2nd season 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

Like I posted in here at half time, we were the dominant side and just needed extra quality in and around the box. That carried onto the second half but we lost shape when Lejeune went off. They capitalised on the one opening they had and it was a smash and grab, one shot one goal. Poor Lejeune has no luck, that's his season over with the other knee this time.

That was the killer. I think we had 18 shots. They had 1 on target, gifted to them by Yedlin, and fucking scored. 

We had this issue in the first half of the season. We have one of the best defences in the league and would rarely concede more than 1 goal a game. Except we were toothless up front so seemed to lose a ton of games 1-0, usually due to the 1 defensive lapse we had in the full 90 mins. 

Our Summer transfers need to be able to provide some creativity. A CM to play alongside Longstaff/Hayden, 2 new wing backs, a replacement for Perez. Although we've been saying this for years.