Lesta V The Toon

trooper

Never expected to win!

Felt sure we'd come away with nee points never mind 3.

Little nail-biting towards the end and knew there'd be at least 5 minutes stoppage time.

Pretty confident we'll stay up now.

Fucking class, that. Well deserved 3 points. Watched it in the boozer so couldn’t hear what rafa was saying in conversation With neville and carragher- anything revealing? He looked quite animated and relaxed 

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

Never expected to win!

Felt sure we'd come away with nee points never mind 3.

Little nail-biting towards the end and knew there'd be at least 5 minutes stoppage time.

Pretty confident we'll stay up now.

We’re safe. 

Very comfortable win imo, Leicester offered little of note tbh typical Rogers team a load of possession and no cutting edge. 

The club are mental not buying Rondon tbh, he was quality tonight. Manquillo showed we don’t have a right back as he tried his best to give a needless pen away at the end (it would have been soft but why give the ref the decision to make?). 

Nice to be safe but it’s going to be crap when Rafa leaves. Cardiff need 4 wins out of 5 or 6 (can’t remember how many they’ve played) to catch us so there’s fuck all chance of that 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Howay said:

Manquillo showed we don’t have a right back as he tried his best to give a needless pen away at the end (it would have been soft but why give the ref the decision to make?). 

John Sterry must be absolutely shite if he can't even get a halfway look in past Yedlin and Manquillo.  I mean, he is shite so it's not a surprise. Not sure we'll get two right backs in the summer so we're probably going to have one of the current shitbags hanging around the place, getting us knocked out of the Goth Pop Cup.

Turns out Sterry is on loan. I'll change it.

Tony Barreca must be absolutely shite if we won't just put Ritchie at RWB and him at LWB.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hayden played one of his best games for us I thought. Outshone Ki

There are two kind of anonymous performances - hiding a la Thauvin etc and good ones where someone just gets on doing a bloody good job so you don't really notice them. Hayden the latter obviously. 

Cracking win another 3 points in the bag.  There'll be Premiership football at SJP next season but who'll be the manager. I can see it being someone like Dennis "Shithouse" Wise sadly.

And aye, Hayden was excellent again. Saying that, I can't tell if he's actually developing into a good player or if he's still an average one in good form. Or even just possibly putting himself in the shop window for season's end. Whatever the reason, he's well worth his place at the minute.

We could've won against Palace but didn't so pleased we did v Leicester in front of the sky goons. Had a few drinks in the house and enjoyed the win and our supporters making a din and that'll do for now as I'll leave worrying about the state of the club under fat bastard for another day. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

And aye, Hayden was excellent again. Saying that, I can't tell if he's actually developing into a good player or if he's still an average one in good form. Or even just possibly putting himself in the shop window for season's end. Whatever the reason, he's well worth his place at the minute.

I'd say the latter tbh as although it's been a pleasant surprise much like Diane's good run was, I think we all know it won't last. Love to be wrong and can't fault the lads attitude though. 

Rogers I think made a mistake taking that Barnes off.  I thought he was their main threat really.

Haydn was class yesterday, I thought once Ki had been booked he didnt have as much impact on the game and needed hoying off.

Diame either had a good game or is shocking and scares the fuck out of me.

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'd say the latter tbh as although it's been a pleasant surprise much like Diane's good run was, I think we all know it won't last. Love to be wrong and can't fault the lads attitude though. 

He's only just turned 24. He could have 10 years left in him yet. I hope he's just finally learning his trade under Rafa