Brighton & H.A. v Newcastle U

PaddockLad

54 minutes ago, Renton said:

Harsh on Atsu imo. 

Have to agree to disagree. He’s useless imo, 53 PL appearances (31 of them starts), 2 goals and 2 assists (none of either coming in the 12 starts or 13 sub appearances this season), is a very poor return for a winger. In comparison Hayden has 1 goal and 4 assists in 22 appearances this season (18 starts 4 sub apps) from a much deeper position. 

I’m happy for him to play if the other alternative is Kennedy though. 

Edited by Howay

That was a disgraceful second half. Rafa can only piss with the cock he's got but there was no real excuse to sit that deep against a team so bereft of confidence. They didn't even look at the races until an hour in until they realised we were going to let them play. I know Perez went off but surely Muto fit the system more than Kenedy? Quicker, better touch and could get between the lines and play off Rondon. I hope that was a blip before Liverpool because if we offer that up against them, we'll get fucking murdered.

First half was alright.

4 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Thank fuck Diame didn't start. One game closer to getting rid. 

I'd keep him.  Hayden is leaving, Shelvey may be gone, he's useful because there is no way they are spending decent money for a backup midfielder.

I'd maybe give a 1yr extension so that we've got an experienced body in midfield, but he shouldn't be in the 1st team, barring injuries. He did have a good tail end of last season, but he's not repeated it, and he's only going to get older and slower.