Liverpool Game

MIKEFC

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I dont bother with that jug eared cunt on MOTD anymore.  But what did they say?

What do you have against Lineker? 

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

What do you have against Lineker? 

I usually don't mind him as he's grown into a decent presenter but he definitely has his moments lately where you get the impression it's all for show or forced, the reaction to the Messi free kick with camel face for example which is recorded and put online. There's one or two other things as well. Generally speaking I think he does a good job.

21 hours ago, sammynb said:

But he should have been booked, a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behaviour but it was Andre Mariner so that was never going to happen. Just like the foul that wasn't, which resulted in the free kick they scored their third from, was always going to happen for the same reason.

btw

https://www.givemesport.com/1473112-fifa-rules-state-trent-alexanderarnold-couldnt-be-sent-off-for-handball-at-newcastle

What a pile of shite and sums up the modern game. He's purposely denied a goal as the last man, the cunt should have had an early shower no question.

It’s odd they lay claim to Durham Cathedral like. Well it isn’t odd because that’s the way they tiny, petty minds work I suppose. Sunderland is only nominally a city and Durham has an ancient cathedral and a world renowned university (as well as giving its name to the county the mackems seem to think they own). So, if anything Durham would lay claim to Sunderland, except no fucker in their right mind would want it. Bobby Robson spoke about the pride in the city and that’s what Newcastle fans from all over seem to have whereas take your average Sunderland fan from somewhere like Consett and the only connection they have with Sunderland is the football team because the place is such a fucking shit hole. It boils their piss because they know it’s true. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I dont bother with that jug eared cunt on MOTD anymore.  But what did they say?

Is there any fucker you actually like? :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

It’s odd they lay claim to Durham Cathedral like. Well it isn’t odd because that’s the way they tiny, petty minds work I suppose. Sunderland is only nominally a city and Durham has an ancient cathedral and a world renowned university (as well as giving its name to the county the mackems seem to think they own). So, if anything Durham would lay claim to Sunderland, except no fucker in their right mind would want it. Bobby Robson spoke about the pride in the city and that’s what Newcastle fans from all over seem to have whereas take your average Sunderland fan from somewhere like Consett and the only connection they have with Sunderland is the football team because the place is such a fucking shit hole. It boils their piss because they know it’s true. 

They're now moving away from this Co Durham is makem territory to fans living close to the Wear should be makems (Wearsiders). The Wear starts in the Peninnes ffs. 

My mind was mildly blown the other week when I realised you can step from County Durham in to Cumbria 

For some reason, this had eluded geography-nerd me for 50 years :D

If the mackems knew anything they’d know that a secret cabal of Tyneside businessmen bought Durham cathedral in 1892 to keep teams residing on the Wear in the slums via god, who was popular at the time.

• Haha 4

Vaguely recall the Tyne Bridge and Quayside being used by Sunderland Uni to attract people to go there, so they're hardly in a position to judge.

Sunderland Uni is the only decent thing about the city these days. Not sure where they got the cash from to develop it but it's gone from a polytechnic shithole offering courses in American studies and the like, to a modern uni offering medical degrees. I assume most of the students commute to Newcastle or Durham for a night out 

It's ranked 93rd out of 131 universities in the UK. Northumbria is 61st, Newcastle is 21st, and Durham is 7th. It's done well to get a medical school but will probably be the least prestigious in the UK. Honestly, if you were a prospective student surely Sunderland would be close tp your last choice, i can't imagine students are welcome there, especially foreign ones.