Ashley & Rafa The Meeting

trooper

5 hours ago, trooper said:

Newcastle managing Director Lee Charnley has been tasked by owner Mike Ashley to lead negotiations with Benitez, Sky Sports News understands.

He’ll make Rafa leave and claim they had a good meeting.

If Ashley wanted him to stay he’d have turned up imo. Losing Rafa could potentially shave hundreds of millions off the possible selling price his asset, as well as missing out on his future bleeding of club profits from PL money. 

He’s a complete chancer, and will now try and get a manager on lower wages with far less ambition. 

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

The cunt has no intentions of trying to retain Rafa.

Look at his track record, he's a proven liar.

Ashley and everything associated with him should be burnt to the ground.

Somebody, ANYBODY, put whole ghost peppers in his and their curry!    :rant:

It’s a power thing imo. Gain the upper hand by showing him that he’s not even worthy of your time.

The same sort of thing as treating a woman like shit so she’s desperate to be with you. Might work with a 50 year old boiler with six kids by seven dads but not with a 6ft blonde supermodel with 36DD tits. And Rafa is our 6ft blonde supermodel with 36DD tits.

• Like 1

My old boss used to believe the best way to conduct a negotiation was to send someone like Charnley in first with a set of parameters. If he can come to terms, great. If not, a further meeting can be organised with Ashley, who essentially becomes an escalation point. It basically gives two chances to come to a deal.

Not saying that's what is happening, but its the kind of game playing I've seen before if it is.

If Ashley goes into the first one, there can be no escalation.

And of course that may work in certain situations but when the aim of the meeting is to retain your biggest asset who can simply walk away in a couple of weeks I think you're best to not play games.

• Like 1

Truthfully I'm not 100% sure I even credit Ashley with enough intelligence to do it.

Maybe he's made it Charnley in order to avoid personally implicating himself in the failure, who knows.

Edited by Rayvin

Rafa said he speaks to Charnley nearly every week. Reading between the lines Ashley virtually blanked Rafa in the dressing room on Sunday.

Rafa "He said he said thankyou to the team he was speaking to the players" 

Rafa could have said "He thanked me & the team.

This from Caulkin 

Having spoken to numerous people, this is my understanding of #Nufc / Benítez talks. He, Ashley & Charnley met in London on Thurs afternoon. There was no 2nd meeting yesterday, but nor was there supposed to be. Talks are still taking place, but remotely (IE phone, email).

Kind of what you'd expect isn't it? The only ways that was going to be resolved straight away was either total agreement to Benitez's requests, or "um, Mr Ashley says, um, we, um, are going to, um, go a different, um, way, um, thanks though".

29 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Kind of what you'd expect isn't it? The only ways that was going to be resolved straight away was either total agreement to Benitez's requests, or "um, Mr Ashley says, um, we, um, are going to, um, go a different, um, way, um, thanks though".

Cant help but think this is Ashley's easy way out now they're only conversing via phone & e mail. I would have thought they'd get something so important sorted face to face

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Cant help but think this is Ashley's easy way out now they're only conversing via phone & e mail. I would have thought they'd get something so important sorted face to face

Why though? Ashley doesn't give a shit about the club beyond using it at a billboard for his one true love. If Charnley can sort out the pesky business of tying down a manager that guarantees footfall, guarantees Premier League survival and guarantees wider attention than some no mark would, Ashley will be happy as a clam.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why though? Ashley doesn't give a shit about the club beyond using it at a billboard for his one true love. If Charnley can sort out the pesky business of tying down a manager that guarantees footfall, guarantees Premier League survival and guarantees wider attention than some no mark would, Ashley will be happy as a clam.

Its Charnley though mate he'll still have to run everything past his master he wouldn't dare  make a decision by himself.