Transfer gossip 2019/20

Dr Gloom

56 minutes ago, zerosum said:

good riddance 

agreed, but that leaves us with muto and [soon to be departed) gayle as the two strikers left on the books, i think? 

strength in depth

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

agreed, but that leaves us with muto and [soon to be departed) gayle as the two strikers left on the books, i think? 

strength in depth

I'm pretty sure Shola has many contacts in the striker society so worry not.

Charlie Austin hasn’t travelled with Southampton to wherever it is they’re going. I’d take him.

Just saw that Erik Pieters is off to Burnley. I’m amazed we didn’t go in for him, he was TOP TOON TARGET at one point wasn’t he?

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

I really don’t understand Ashley. If he lets the club sign some players it’s not money out of his pocket, so if the takeover went ahead it’s no loss to him. That way if (tbh when) the takeover doesn’t happen the club are in a more manageable position.

As things stand we’ll be finishing bottom (imo it’ll be a similar season to Huddersfield last season), sure he’ll then stupidly blame the takeover for why no one was signed but that doesn’t help the bottom line of the club in any way so really it’s a pointless excuse. 

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Harsh. It's not his fault hes all Rafa could afford. And if theres no takeover were woefully short of options. 

true, but let’s face it, he’s been utterly useless even for what we paid. Darryl Murphy could of done a similar or better job tbh if we’d kept him 

Edited by zerosum

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Charlie Austin hasn’t travelled with Southampton to wherever it is they’re going. I’d take him.

Just saw that Erik Pieters is off to Burnley. I’m amazed we didn’t go in for him, he was TOP TOON TARGET at one point wasn’t he?

due to sign by the end of the week along with leighton baines 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think you're forgetting we haven't got a manager, we won't sign anyone until a new manager comes in. 

Dubravka

Yedlin               Lascelles        Schar            Ritchie

Julie Ertz        Longstaff

Megan Repinoe       Kiera Walsh          Almiron

Ellen White

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

true, but let’s face it, he’s been utterly useless even for what we paid. Darryl Murphy could of done a similar or better job tbh if we’d kept him 

Name another player over the age of 25 who in the last 3 seasons who 

a. Cost 5 million or less

b. Played regularly in the premier league

c. Made a significant difference to his side. 

I’ll give you a bog standard premier league striker. Chris Wood of Burnley. 10 goals in each the last two seasons. Cost 3 times as much as Joselu . Rafa didn’t have 15million for a striker. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Name another player over the age of 25 who in the last 3 seasons who 

a. Cost 5 million or less

b. Played regularly in the premier league

c. Made a significant difference to his side. 

I’ll give you a bog standard premier league striker. Chris Wood of Burnley. 10 goals in each the last two seasons. Cost 3 times as much as Joselu . Rafa didn’t have 15million for a striker. 

sorry but i can’t help feeling happy joselu is leaving. bizzare argument 

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

sorry but i can’t help feeling happy joselu is leaving. bizzare argument 

I’m not trying to have an argument, I’m pointing out that you appear to think a desperate signing of a journeyman player isn’t indicative of a wider problem at the club ie Mike fuckin Ashley.

In some ways I’ve always thought Ashley being owner basically absolves most of the players of any sort of accountability. This isn’t a conventionally run top flight club. It’s an advertising hoarding for a chain of shitty shops with some highly inconvenient football tagged on to the side. That’s why Joselu gets a pass. 

• Like 2

It would appear that we are the one and only Premier League team that has NOT signed a new player yet FFS.

Must admit NUFC are akin to a mystery novel, a comic book, and a whodunnit non-fiction journal.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I’m not trying to have an argument, I’m pointing out that you appear to think a desperate signing of a journeyman player isn’t indicative of a wider problem at the club ie Mike fuckin Ashley.

In some ways I’ve always thought Ashley being owner basically absolves most of the players of any sort of accountability. This isn’t a conventionally run top flight club. It’s an advertising hoarding for a chain of shitty shops with some highly inconvenient football tagged on to the side. That’s why Joselu gets a pass. 

how on earth did you deduct all that from “good riddance” ha

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s almost as if some of you lot are expecting someone better to turn up :lol:

to be honest i’m more worried about replacing perez and rondon than joselu ! 

Edited by zerosum