Transfer gossip 2019/20

Dr Gloom

47 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Read a stat that said he had a 9% conversion rate :lol: From my interpretations, I think that means all his goals were pure luck.

That goal against Liverpool was ridiculously lucky !

Nah, I'm sure a 22 year old kid with seven league goals last season coming into a team in chaos will be the perfect man to pin our entire season on.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 2

Joelinton has been left out of today’s squad for a friendly as he has s said to meet representatives of Mike Ashley’s Newcuntle to discuss a transfer according to the press down here. Hoffenheim are holding out for more than 40m Euro. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Joelinton has been left out of today’s squad for a friendly as he has s said to meet representatives of Mike Ashley’s Newcuntle to discuss a transfer according to the press down here. Hoffenheim are holding out for more than 40m Euro. 

Do you have a view on him? 

Just now, NJS said:

Do you have a view on him? 

He isn’t bad and a good grafter, skilful as well.

The thing is that he had just one good season here so far. He was excellent in some games but had really poor ones as well.

Even if they sign this lad, he’ll get injured within a month and we’ll have no replacement. They have no idea the incredible job Rafa and his team did on injury prevention.

Now it’ll be back to the bad old days of injuries without the squad to cope. Looking on the bright side, it’ll be good for the U23 development players

Can see this Joelinton thing coming off. They've been withholding big money from Rafa, on the whole, and Nickson was pushing for him as far back as January. It'll be a "look at what Rafa could have had to spend" narrative. 

34 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Even if they sign this lad, he’ll get injured within a month and we’ll have no replacement. They have no idea the incredible job Rafa and his team did on injury prevention.

If it’s true (no wait, come back) that Bruce Wants Charlie Austin, I still say he might come in. We’ve been linked with him for years so someone, somewhere likes him. He’s better than Joselu at least...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Joelinton is effectively the Perez money reinvested. Sounds good to "smash our transfer record" but we are no worse off for it. I'd take Austin as back up 

I don't think I would, going off his last few years hes absolutely past it at 30

According to reports here the transfer is likely to get confirmed tomorrow. Joelinton already said goodbye to his teammates. 53m Euro transfer fee. Only outstanding issue is the the length of the contract with Joelinton wanting three years and the club wanting four...

21 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

According to reports here the transfer is likely to get confirmed tomorrow. Joelinton already said goodbye to his teammates. 53m Euro transfer fee. Only outstanding issue is the the length of the contract with Joelinton wanting three years and the club wanting four...

You could buy almost 3 Rondons for that :cuppa:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Surprised they havent insisted on 5 years at that price 

£47mil for a bloke who scored 7 goals last season. Mental 

Edited by Kid Dynamite