Transfer gossip 2019/20

Dr Gloom

The lad thing is they DO try, they’re just grossly incompetent & have zero understanding of the business.

19/20 football clubs in the premier league will pay the going rate for a player without hesitation so it’s no wonder we don’t get very far constantly lowballing clubs & agents.

They must laugh when they see us coming.

But we’re owned by a man who has built his business on an every penny counts basis. That’s the sort of mindset that has taken over the club.

You look at Ashley’s recent business choices and it’s all about getting something on the cheap.

That might work as 25% of your capital investments but you can’t run a football club looking for 90% of players in that way.

Sometimes you have to invest for the short term and Rondon is a perfect example of how the club doesn’t believe in that approach.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

But we’re owned by a man who has built his business on an every penny counts basis. That’s the sort of mindset that has taken over the club.

You look at Ashley’s recent business choices and it’s all about getting something on the cheap.

That might work as 25% of your capital investments but you can’t run a football club looking for 90% of players in that way.

Sometimes you have to invest for the short term and Rondon is a perfect example of how the club doesn’t believe in that approach.

Which is funny because someone like Rondon - who is supposedly bad value in Mike’s world - could be the difference between relegation and staying up. Instead he’d prefer to gamble on the form and fitness on a largely unproven and inexperienced Brazilian kid. Who may or may not have a resale value in the future.

What he doesn’t seem to realise is that for every Aguero or Suarez there are hundreds if not thousands of Sparrowhawks and Cordones.

18 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Which is funny because someone like Rondon - who is supposedly bad value in Mike’s world - could be the difference between relegation and staying up. Instead he’d prefer to gamble on the form and fitness on a largely unproven and inexperienced Brazilian kid. Who may or may not have a resale value in the future.

What he doesn’t seem to realise is that for every Aguero or Suarez there are hundreds if not thousands of Sparrowhawks and Cordones.

This argument is stupid Joelinton isnt  player that has just come out of the Brazillian fourth division he was at a champions league club, playing majority of the games, while for his first season in top flight football. Scoring 7 goals and 7 assists. Its not that bad averaging a goal contribution every 2 games, in a tough league, in his first season. He is a genuine amazing prospect. Fellow brazillian striker, Gabriel Jesus. Scored 7 goals and 3 assists in more games then Joelinton and everyone always raves about him. Joelinton isnt a nobody.

42 minutes ago, ArsenalFanButILikeNewcastl said:

This argument is stupid Joelinton isnt  player that has just come out of the Brazillian fourth division he was at a champions league club, playing majority of the games, while for his first season in top flight football. Scoring 7 goals and 7 assists. Its not that bad averaging a goal contribution every 2 games, in a tough league, in his first season. He is a genuine amazing prospect. Fellow brazillian striker, Gabriel Jesus. Scored 7 goals and 3 assists in more games then Joelinton and everyone always raves about him. Joelinton isnt a nobody.

I didn’t say he was a nobody, I said he was unproven and inexperienced, which he is. He’s basically played one season in a foreign league. He’ll have to adapt to a new league, new team mates and new grounds.

What he would have benefited from is an experienced striker used to playing for us and in the PL. I dunno, someone like Rondon. As it is, we’ve bet the house on this kid, you can be sure we won’t spend any decent money on any other strike partner. 

We’ve seen “amazing prospects” come and go at the toon, and most of them have ended up shite for us (and successful elsewhere). It means fuck

all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kitman said:

I didn’t say he was a nobody, I said he was unproven and inexperienced, which he is. He’s basically played one season in a foreign league. He’ll have to adapt to a new league, new team mates and new grounds.

What he would have benefited from is an experienced striker used to playing for us and in the PL. I dunno, someone like Rondon. As it is, we’ve bet the house on this kid, you can be sure we won’t spend any decent money on any other strike partner. 

We’ve seen “amazing prospects” come and go at the toon, and most of them have ended up shite for us (and successful elsewhere). It means fuck

all

tbh i get your point. I could see Newcastle getting relegated this season (sorry), and selling Joelinton for like 15 mill to someone like Lazio and he becomes a world beater

2 hours ago, Kitman said:

all

tbh now youve replaced Rondon I really think Newcastle should go for Lazios Joaquin Correa to replace Perez. Would cost around 20-25 mill and IMO would be a 1000% better partnership then Rondon and Perez. Should sell Longstaff too when you can get 70 mill for him you should do it for a guy that played 8 times in the Premier League. Should buy someone like James Milner so he can run all day and a guy like Willan Cyprien for class

32 minutes ago, ArsenalFanButILikeNewcastl said:

tbh i get your point. I could see Newcastle getting relegated this season (sorry), and selling Joelinton for like 15 mill to someone like Lazio and he becomes a world beater

Yep, that sounds about right :lol: Or he starts like an express train and gets a season ending injury in game #5.

28 minutes ago, ArsenalFanButILikeNewcastl said:

tbh now youve replaced Rondon I really think Newcastle should go for Lazios Joaquin Correa to replace Perez. Would cost around 20-25 mill and IMO would be a 1000% better partnership then Rondon and Perez. Should sell Longstaff too when you can get 70 mill for him you should do it for a guy that played 8 times in the Premier League. Should buy someone like James Milner so he can run all day and a guy like Willan Cyprien for class

:lol: absolutely none of that will happen but I like your chutzpah

13 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Yep, that sounds about right :lol: Or he starts like an express train and gets a season ending injury in game #5.

Tbh I say good luck to youse because (im an arsenal fan if you cant tell) you got us first up and with an attack of Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe I dont know how youse are gonna handle that with Dummet and Yedlin

I see Wolves have signed a young Italian striker for much less money than we paid for Joelie, and he seems to have a better goal-scoring record.

Maybe our seekers aren't looking in the right places for bargain-basement young talent that suits Ashley's agenda.

Let's hope Joelie proves to be a jewel in Ashley's tiara.

39 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

As if the season starts a week tomorrow. Rondon/Joselu/Perez out and Joelinton in. Ignoring every other issue in the squad, that one alone will see us relegated.

Woodman has now gone out on loan.

The absence of Dubravka is worrying too