Transfer gossip 2019/20

Dr Gloom

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

if we beat norwich on saturday....

would that mean ashley isn't a cunt?

bruce isn't a clueless never was?

joelinton's worth £40m?

andy carroll wasn't a joke signing to appease the profoundly stupid?

that our support isn't being abused and seen as anything other than a back drop to an advertising hoarding?

i just want the club back that i fell in love with as a 5 year old man, not the fucked up, souless monstrosity ashley's turned it in to.

does that make me and others like me bad people?

Last line. No. 

But, for the umpteenth time, I'm not the one twisting on at you about it. You fucking moan every time I dare to have any enjoyment from the club. You do you, ill do me, and we will both be happy ;)

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The "told you so" brigade live for it man. Circle jerks all round. I hope we stuff Norwich on Saturday and ruin some weekends 

I think you’re wrong. We all want a successful club, or at the very least one that tries, but we’ve been beaten into submission by a decade of Ashley’s ownership. I don’t think anyone really wants to see the club in the shit, despite the bluster. He’s just sucked the joy out of it. I still watch, most on here do too, mainly out of habit, but it’s hard to get as excited about wins and it’s easy to shrug off defeats because as long as Ashley is here we are a zombie shell of a club. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Each to their own though. If you don't get as excited by wins, if you do to want to see Steve Bruce succeed, if you would rather Joelinton prove everyone right and be as absolute dogshit as he looks then crack on. I don't dig people out for it. 

If I do the opposite people get their backs up. People who jumped at the chance of free season tickets are mugs apparently. Lemmings to the club. Although they weren't 6 months ago before Rafa left.

I think our keeper, defence and wide men are the best we've had at the club in 2 decades and we aren't a million miles away from being a half decent team. It's pretty agricultural at times as we can't retain the ball in midfield or upfront but if we actually get Carroll fit and Bentaleb hits some form we could have a decent second half of the season. So if people want to be full of Gloom about the club that's topper. I'll keep going to the match and enjoying the wins like I always have 

• Like 1

:lol: Putting aside the signings we've made, we went into this window with one main requirement: a striker. Now on deadline day we've apparently exhausted all our options. I'd like to know just how long that list was.

21 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Apparently we’ll revisit it in the summer but if he’s rejected it now, I’m not sure what’s going to convince him in July.

we have ways of making you sign

Image result for mbs"

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It does rather feel like the list started with "G" and ended with "iroud" :lol:

I think it's more likely it started with "N" and ended with "ee fucker."

If we'd wanted to show ambition we could've gone out and got Bowen, at least he knows where the net is. Talk of Giroud or 35m for some striker from Lille (who according to .com isn't even a striker) that nobody's ever heard of was just that, talk. More accurately, bullshit. 

Joelinton is only still in the side because we've got no other strikers. If he gets injured we'll be playing Ritchie or Atsu up front. No self-respecting football manager could tolerate this situation, but this is Ashley's master plan in action. As always, put a shit stooge in charge who'll not complain when he gets jerked around, get some lucky points, guesstimate we'll scrape another 10-11 by the end of the season, no danger of relegation, no need to spend. Same as it ever was. Until of course he inevitably gets it wrong and we go down again. Yawn. 

• Like 1

Aye Soumare isn’t a striker he’s a midfielder. All the top sides are monitoring him, our angle was basically come and play for us as you’ll actually get game time and have a bigger stage to perform on, apparently we were somewhat close to convincing him but he’s decided to stay put (probably get a big move in the summer now). 

I agree with KD on Bowen, can’t say I was that bothered about getting him as like KD says we have Gayle who out scored him in that league anyway (his game may have transferred to the PL better but it’s still an unknown). Still it would have been better than the alternative which has proven to be not bringing a striker in. 

Bowen isn't a striker anyway.  Hopefully we've learned our lesson with Joelinton that it's not a good idea signing someone to play in a position he doesn't normally play in.

I'm with KD, whilst I hate Ashley and what he's done to the club, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see us win and it seems insane for anyone to want Joelinton to fail.  Mind it's harder to enjoy the wins when we've played utter shite in most of them.  The odd win against the run of play is a hoot but when it's the majority of games it does bring the mood down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm not convinced on Bowen fwiw. Watched all of his goals this season and none were owt flash. Lovenkrands, Gayle, Nolan etc banged them in in the Championship too 

All did it playing in title winning sides, making it somewhat easier

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Bowen isn't a striker anyway.  Hopefully we've learned our lesson with Joelinton that it's not a good idea signing someone to play in a position he doesn't normally play in.

I'm with KD, whilst I hate Ashley and what he's done to the club, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see us win and it seems insane for anyone to want Joelinton to fail.  Mind it's harder to enjoy the wins when we've played utter shite in most of them.  The odd win against the run of play is a hoot but when it's the majority of games it does bring the mood down.

Because if Joelinton succeeds it vindicates the owner's decision to overrule a world class manager in the transfer window and the chain of events that lead to his departure. It's not that difficult.