Transfer gossip 2019/20

Dr Gloom

11 hours ago, NJS said:

I had a slightly unpopular view on that game - the football was fantastic but I reckon scoring "only" 3 goals out of 30 attempts was a shocking indictment of the strike force :)

I love Sir Les but if he’d been more composed in front of goal we’d probably have won the league that season 

It was the the contrast between the first and second halves of the season that was the killer for him - might have been part of the general nervousness in the squad that I think ultimately cost us but he suffered the most. I still love him too.

28 minutes ago, NJS said:

It was the the contrast between the first and second halves of the season that was the killer for him - might have been part of the general nervousness in the squad that I think ultimately cost us but he suffered the most. I still love him too.

Yeah, Robert Lee was similar in that his form waned in the latter half of that season. Ultimately there probably weren’t enough members of the squad who’d been there and done it before. 

• Like 1

For all the shite and pet theories people have I think Keegan and Ferguson  both gave versions of the same correct answer -  we lacked the knowhow /experience of how to win it. 

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Coach Derek Fazackerly left at Christmas to go back to Blackburn. Always thought that could've had a bearing on the dip in form compared with the first half of the season 

That’s a good point actually. From what some of the ex-players have said the training was a bit amateurish in the run in. Think Lee Clark mentioned them running up hills a day before a game and all the players being stiff on the day of a match. It’s easy to forget it was KK’s first job in management 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alex said:

I love Sir Les but if he’d been more composed in front of goal we’d probably have won the league that season 

Oooooh. that's a big shout

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Yeah, Robert Lee was similar in that his form waned in the latter half of that season. Ultimately there probably weren’t enough members of the squad who’d been there and done it before. 

the first trophy is always the hardest to win, as we have demonstrated better than anyone 

i liked how when mourinho first went to chelsea, his priority was to win the league cup before anything else. he put a marker down, backed up his special one bullshit by winning the first competition of the season, when other mangers might not have taken it as seriously. 

• Haha 1