Transfer gossip 2019/20

Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, strawb said:

More of a defensive midfielder isn’t he? Hopefully more mobile than the ones we already have

He was playing more defensive for Spurs but apparently he switched to more of a box to box player for Schalke. He does look very mobile in fairness from what I've seen on youtube. Youtube obviously isn't the best indicator, but it at least gives you an idea of how athletic a player is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I felt the same when we signed Rondon and Willems tbf. I won't write him off before we've even signed him 

That’s not the point though.

With Rondon and Willems we did adress positions where we needed players. We have a couple of positions at the moment where we need players as well, so buying another midfield player who might indeed turn out better than expected but doesn’t look a priority is a strange move at the moment.

• Like 1

Again it has to be said youtube isn't the most accurate gauge of player given it's a literal highlight reel, but Bentaleb has a great left foot on him. He definitely isn't a simple defensive mid with the range of passing he seems capable of.

32 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He was playing more defensive for Spurs but apparently he switched to more of a box to box player for Schalke. He does look very mobile in fairness from what I've seen on youtube. Youtube obviously isn't the best indicator, but it at least gives you an idea of how athletic a player is.

Reminds me of signing hot dog  jumping frog Albert Luque and Nacho boy who did look good on YouTube as well.

Edited by Isegrim

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Reminds me of signing hot dog  jumping frog Albert Luque and Nacho boy who did look good on YouTube as well.

Well I did add that caveat that it is just youtube, but you can at least judge if a player can run in a straight line quite fast, or if they're capable of passing a ball. The problem comes if they can't or won't do those things consistently. In any case the word from people who've seen him play, spurs fans etc, is that he does have a lot of potential. Whether his head's right is another story.

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Spurs fans in the replies seem to rate him. Got to be a better option than Ki off the bench. 

His disciplinary record is not very good. Looks like a replacement for Willems.

Still would have thought a forward is the priority.

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://youtu.be/XC-VvxYtAqY

Goal scoring record better than any of our midfielders tbf. Not a world beater but a decent squad player 

is he one of the two players you reckon is all that's required to transform us in to a good team rather than the ever so slightly fortunate one we are at the moment?

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

is he one of the two players you reckon is all that's required to transform us in to a good team rather than the ever so slightly fortunate one we are at the moment?

Have a day off man. It must be hard work being this miserable 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Have a day off man. It must be hard work being this miserable 

:)

it's not easy man. when you're living in a borderline schitzophrenic world of apathy and apoplexy it's hard to determine whether you're conversing with someone who is suffering from heartwarming, naive optimism or someone who is mindbogglingly stupid and deluded.

hey.... we all have our faults.

10 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

:)

it's not easy man. when you're living in a borderline schitzophrenic world of apathy and apoplexy it's hard to determine whether you're conversing with someone who is suffering from heartwarming, naive optimism or someone who is mindbogglingly stupid and deluded.

hey.... we all have our faults.

Schizophrenia has nowt to do with a split personality :)

14 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

Pele’s one. The other is Maradona