Rafa Gone

Kid Dynamite

34 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I can honestly believe that they haven't even considered a replacement.

Aye, they’ll be full of the ‘Rafas decision caught us unaware’ type of nonsense. 

Sad but utterly predictable news, I didn’t think Rafa would be staying short of a takeover. It could go through and Rafa could come back but Ashley will more than likely fuck that up as well.

It’s actions (or in this case non action) like this that make me seriously doubt Ashley’s intelligence, if he kept Rafa and gave him the perfectly acceptable terms he was likely asking for we’d comfortably survive relegation. In comparison any manager we bring in would have to spend two or even three times whatever Rafa wanted to have this team surviving, as the players we have will regress to their actual ability. No doubt this coming third relegation will be the fans fault? 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, they’ll be full of the ‘Rafas decision caught us unaware’ type of nonsense. 

Sad but utterly predictable news, I didn’t think Rafa would be staying short of a takeover. It could go through and Rafa could come back but Ashley will more than likely fuck that up as well.

It’s actions (or in this case non action) like this that make me seriously doubt Ashley’s intelligence, if he kept Rafa and gave him the perfectly acceptable terms he was likely asking for we’d comfortably survive relegation. In comparison any manager we bring in would have to spend two or even three times whatever Rafa wanted to have this team surviving, as the players we have will regress to their actual ability. No doubt this coming third relegation will be the fans fault? 

Two people on this thread have already blamed the fans. What are you supposed to do considering the ST is already paid for,  under the hope that Benitez would be here? Does not going help things? 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It’s sad to say but the apathy is such that I’m not even that arsed 

I think the majority on here are the same now Alex.  Come on here for the craic with lads lack yourself etc who have been on here since the start. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Two people on this thread have already blamed the fans. What are you supposed to do considering the ST is already paid for,  under the hope that Benitez would be here? Does not going help things? 

Going makes you a fuckin scab

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Going makes you a fuckin scab

Don't be fucking stupid. Going is the only time I meet up with certain mates. For the record, I wouldn't have renewed in February knowing what I do now but my presence at the match has fuck all bearing on Mike Ashley's decisions. Nearly all the money he makes is from TV anyway. Does watching us make you a scab? 

Just now, Renton said:

Don't be fucking stupid. Going is the only time I meet up with certain mates. For the record, I wouldn't have renewed in February knowing what I do now but my presence at the match has fuck all bearing on Mike Ashley's decisions. Nearly all the money he makes is from TV anyway. Does watching us make you a scab? 

Going against a collective effort to abandon the stadium in protest makes you a scab. Ohhh rentboy needs his social time inside the ground. Pathetic

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Going against a collective effort to abandon the stadium in protest makes you a scab. Ohhh rentboy needs his social time inside the ground. Pathetic

David Kelly is a scab too iirc. Yep, we're to blame. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Yep, contributing to this "I can do what I want they'll keep coming back" mantra we are repeatedly victim of. I don't even know why you want to go after this. The thought of it is fuckin depressing and you're meant to be the biggest wet wipe on the board :razz:

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Yep, contributing to this "I can do what I want they'll keep coming back" mantra we are repeatedly victim of. I don't even know why you want to go after this. The thought of it is fuckin depressing and you're meant to be the biggest wet wipe on the board :razz:

Purely cos it's paid for. I'll not renew next year if the predictable happens. I just think you should reserve your anger for the fat cunt and not match going fans. It makes fuck all difference to him anyway. Out of interest, would did you think we should have boycotted last year when Rafa was here? 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Purely cos it's paid for. I'll not renew next year if the predictable happens. I just think you should reserve your anger for the fat cunt and not match going fans. It makes fuck all difference to him anyway. Out of interest, would did you think we should have boycotted last year when Rafa was here? 

I don't understand the question but do what you want. Matchgoing fans are enablers. They shield him from negative pr which he is obviously sensitive about

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I don't understand the question but do what you want. Matchgoing fans are enablers. They shield him from negative pr which he is obviously sensitive about

I'm asking if we should boycott the ground for the entirety of Ashley's reign or if it depends on his choice of manager. 

I'm gutted btw, nor looking forward to next season at all now. And I won't renew next year. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm asking if we should boycott the ground for the entirety of Ashley's reign or if it depends on his choice of manager. 

I'm gutted btw, nor looking forward to next season at all now. And I won't renew next year. 

You mean in case he doesn't appoint a puppet?

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye I am.  I'm in total agreement with you too.  And I don't see how there is a collective effort that I am going against.  We get 50k there every game so I can only assume that we should be getting over 100k if the collective are all boycotting.

In the real world, if there is an actual collective boycott of certain matches, I'm happy to join in.  But just not turning up every match when the money is already paid is completely unrealistic.  I can see there being a boycott of the Arsenal game if the rest of the summer goes the way we expect but I'm in Spain then so I won't be there regardless.

So how is this going to affect the squad?

Rondon, Diame and Kenedy already gone. 

Perez and Hayden both actively pushing for an exit

Dubravka, Schar, Lascelles, Lejeuene, Almiron, Shelvey, Richie etc. all good enough to play for clubs higher up the league.

And the transfer window shuts in less than 6 weeks