Rafa Gone

Kid Dynamite

Probably, maybe, possibly. 

He's had bad PR for over a decade. He's had to answer questions in front of a parliamentary committee about how he treats supports direct workers. Did he change? Did he fuck.

You are seriously overestimating the man :lol:

• 1 month later...

Aye decent read

I was really pleased to see Matty Longstaff scoring the winning goal for Newcastle; he was great when he was training with us and it was a good decision from Steve Bruce to make him play. I was also happy to see a few Geordies playing together at the same time; Carroll, Sean and Matty; surely it shouldn’t be difficult to see the benefits of investing in the Academy? £4m every year for 10 years means £40 m (one player); one ‘Longstaff’ every year for ten years seems good business to me.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Funny decision by Rafa mind. Ruining his legacy at Liverpool when the likes of Spurs, Palace, Wolves etc have all been looking for managers. Like Keegan managing the Mackems 

He’s probably just sick of commuting to work

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Funny decision by Rafa mind. Ruining his legacy at Liverpool when the likes of Spurs, Palace, Wolves etc have all been looking for managers. Like Keegan managing the Mackems 

Dunno like, I think Rafa loves to be hated. Happiest I've ever him was his time at Chelsea. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Richard Keyes is seething 

That’s just his default state…

… especially since he banged his daughter’s mate whilst his Mrs. was getting cancer treatment. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Are we glad it (probably) ends any lingering hope he'll turn up back at SJP if this takeover ever rears it's ugly head? 

Would anyone have really wanted him back? 

I reckon no with respect of the takeover. I mean it depends a bit on the nature of the takeover, but if it was the Saudi one then I think we could probably find alternatives who might better fit the direction we wanted to go (although he'd still be a steady pair of hands in a transitional sense).

If it was a run of the mill takeover (i.e. a sideways step financially but ideally with some more long term ambition) then I would have had him back though. I thought he was great for the team and the club in many senses. I appreciate that's not your view like, but I was really impressed with him.

Edited by Rayvin

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I reckon no with respect of the takeover. I mean it depends a bit on the nature of the takeover, but if it was the Saudi one then I think we could probably find alternatives who might better fit the direction we wanted to go (although he'd still be a steady pair of hands in a transitional sense).

If it was a run of the mill takeover (i.e. a sideways step financially but ideally with some more long term ambition) then I would have had him back though. I thought he was great for the team and the club in many senses. I appreciate that's not your view like, but I was really impressed with him.

I think bringing in Benitez 18 months ago would have been the right move. He knew the squad, the area, he would still have been welcomed back by the majority, and given that an 'elite' coach would likely have not wanted to join a club that would be unable to truly compete for major honours, or qualify for the Champions League for a few seasons at least.  

As you say he would have been a perfect transitional appointment. With the Saudi's reported ambitions we'd have surely been aiming to finish as high up the league as possible while improving the foundations, and Benitez would be the man to deliver that. Then, when we had improved the squad after a couple of seasons pass the baton to a younger, more contemporary manager who could take us further.

• Like 1

If the takeover does happen, I reckon they’ll still go for him- imagine, unlimited funds and  pissing off the scouse Mackems in one fell swoop. 

( Although, they mightn’t be that pissed off :lol:

• Haha 2