This is the news!

Anorthernsoul

So, a 10ft wide asteroid landed off the cost of Iceland 2hrs after it was first spotted. 

The Daily Hate decided that the best way to describe a 10ft asteroid was “ about the size of half a giraffe” 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10610491/amp/Asteroid-half-size-giraffe-strikes-Earth-coast-Iceland.html

What the fuck are they snorting? :lol:

• Haha 2

It’s got me baffled tbh :lol:

Why pick a giraffe as the animal you’re going use half of as a descriptor? 

If it’s the bottom half, there’s some weight and mass involved- if it’s the top half, we’re talking a wee head and neck…

:CT:
They could have said… a bison- About 10ftish, no need to imagine only half of it, but if you did, it’d be fucking weighty whichever half you pictured. 

But …why even compare it to a half( or a whole) animal, of any kind? 

Just say “ 10ft wide asteroid” and I’m sure everyone can picture it perfectly. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I just came on here to post the same thing. A bizarre new unit of measurement 

Before we accept “ half giraffe” as a new unit, we need to settle the important (related) question of how would a giraffe wear pants? 
0F171D39-E8BD-445D-827A-FF9EAC671792.thumb.jpeg.dd1065c3d8518050dc58769e544197a0.jpeg

or

A59E4F4A-547C-4015-A8BE-CCB60CE6214B.thumb.jpeg.2a4e1e44647166c35f172d060c8860bf.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Same woman recently killed a Holocaust survivor in a hit and run incident and it was revealed during the trial she had a load of outstanding warrants for a whole load of crazy shit 

3 hours ago, Sonatine said:

There's a lot going on there, where to start? :lol: 

Theres a whole lot more to Joyce Mckinney.... looks like I'd only be 7/8 when this was going on but I think the thing round our way was the young mums in the street were bring visited by Mormon missionaries during the day whilst the dads were all at work :lol: I distinctly remember them being at our street's silver jubilee party... I think the interest in this case came from there, mum was reading about it in the papers and my older sister read alloud the lurid details to me and my brother...its strange the things you remember..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manacled_Mormon_case?wprov=sfla1

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Theres a whole lot more to Joyce Mckinney.... looks like I'd only be 7/8 when this was going on but I think the thing round our way was the young mums in the street were bring visited by Mormon missionaries during the day whilst the dads were all at work :lol: I distinctly remember them being at our street's silver jubilee party... I think the interest in this case came from there, mum was reading about it in the papers and my older sister read alloud the lurid details to me and my brother...its strange the things you remember..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manacled_Mormon_case?wprov=sfla1

Did you take up the calling when you got older? :lol:

• Haha 2

On 15/03/2022 at 16:44, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s got me baffled tbh :lol:

Why pick a giraffe as the animal you’re going use half of as a descriptor? 

If it’s the bottom half, there’s some weight and mass involved- if it’s the top half, we’re talking a wee head and neck…

:CT:
They could have said… a bison- About 10ftish, no need to imagine only half of it, but if you did, it’d be fucking weighty whichever half you pictured. 

But …why even compare it to a half( or a whole) animal, of any kind? 

Just say “ 10ft wide asteroid” and I’m sure everyone can picture it perfectly. 

I think the old Camelopard measurement system was banned by the EU. This is just another example of taking back control 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...