This is the news!

Anorthernsoul

In several million years from now, when humans have long since left the home planet and struck out to other solar systems in search of new planets to fuck up, the answer to the question , “ What’s the dullest band there’s ever been?” will still be Coldplay. 

Edit; As language evolves, sometimes at an incredible pace within single lifetimes, the general term for “absolute shite” will still be Bawitdaba

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

In several million years from now, when humans have long since left the home planet and struck out to other solar systems in search of new planets to fuck up, the answer to the question , “ What’s the dullest band there ever been?” will still be Coldplay. 

Edit; As language evolves, sometimes at an incredible pace within single lifetimes, the general term for “absolute shite” will still be Bawitdaba

:lol: diggy diggy diggy!  I thought the general term for absolute shite was Sheeran...who is missing “us” or “al” off the end of his surname imo

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I never knew one of the McGann brothers was in the 2nd dullest band in the world (far left)  _118548475_d4d8e09f-2bb0-4d5b-b72e-9c7b4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57148468

As well as being the least known member of Liverpool’s best loved (only) acting family, and being in a shit band, Spacka McGann appears to be in Up The Arse Corner too. 

33 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As well as being the least known member of Liverpool’s best loved (only) acting family, and being in a shit band, Spacka McGann appears to be in Up The Arse Corner too. 

He looks random. Like a weirdo who’s popped up from nowhere and photobombed the other three.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Piss poor construction materials, piss poor maintenance, poor choice of site, idiots knocking walls out- fuck knows really, but I’ll bet it’s at least one of the above. 

Looks like it collapses in the middle first. 

There’s also lights on when it drops, look at the bit that’s left standing for a few seconds, a light goes on just before it drops as well. 

Horrific. 

There’s been 35 people pulled out alive, but over 50 missing. 

• Sad 1

Like MF says it looks a precast building so anyone who removed any internal walls could have caused it.

If it had an undercroft car park, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lift in the middle caused it. 

If it happened here a structural engineer is going to prison, not sure about over there.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 07:16, strawb said:

Like MF says it looks a precast building so anyone who removed any internal walls could have caused it.

If it had an undercroft car park, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lift in the middle caused it. 

If it happened here a structural engineer is going to prison, not sure about over there.

It certainly looks like the underground car park played a major part in this. 
I find it incredible, given that it’s built on reclaimed swampland, that ;

1- It’s got an underground car park

2- It’s 12 storeys

3- Its fucking concrete. 

Built in the 1980s though, so the entire architect’s office was probably high as balls. 

edit; apparently it’s been sinking at a rate of 2mm per year for the last 30 years at least, so this was almost inevitable. 
6cm doesn’t sound like a lot (unless you’re Mrs. CT), but it’s a crazy amount in a building. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It certainly looks like the underground car park played a major part in this. 
I find it incredible, given that it’s built on reclaimed swampland, that ;

1- It’s got an underground car park

2- It’s 12 storeys

3- Its fucking concrete. 

Built in the 1980s though, so the entire architect’s office was probably high as balls. 

edit; apparently it’s been sinking at a rate of 2mm per year for the last 30 years at least, so this was almost inevitable. 
6cm doesn’t sound like a lot (unless you’re Mrs. CT), but it’s a crazy amount in a building. 

It would be interested to see if they did any piling for the foundations, on reclaimed or soft land like that you should vibro pipe down to bedrock to prevent any sinkage or movement.

Any kind of movement in a pre cast or pre stressed concrete building is bad news.

I mentioned the lift and undercroft because the structural calculations to support any vibrations caused by the lift shaft in parts of the building below ground are mental considering the relative forces involved. 

There is a lot of talk about building control in the UK post grenfell but our regulations are miles ahead of the american “codes”

• Like 1

I’d never considered how much vibration lifts produce- in what will basically be sand, that’s going to cause it to settle/subside over time and potentially liquify?

I know they’d been having torrential rainstorms there before and after the collapse. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2021 at 19:36, Monkeys Fist said:

Nirvana sued by the baby from Nevermind's album cover https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58327844

Fuck

Right

Off

Especially given that he has recreated it numerous times over the years.  Apparently, he wanted them to be part of his art show, but they did not respond - hence the need to sue. 

Funny how your ambivalence to, or embracing of, something turns to emotional distress when you can't get what you want.

Also, why isn't he suing his parents for exposing him - do they not have any money.  In fact, were they able to give consent on his behalf at the time anyway?

• Like 2