arsenal non attendance

thebrokendoll

would love to see it empty, but realistically what do you reckon?

going to guess at 42,000ish although there's every chance a big money signing (for ashley's nufc) will pull in another 3 or 4 thousand.

a crowd of less than 40,000 would be a reasonable show of discontent from our support and although not enough to financially piss the fat cunt off would be sufficient to raise some discussion in the media.

• Like 1

one of the most tragic things about the whole thing i think is the excuses churned out for not supporting a boycott particularly amongst blokes of my own generation and even down to those a decade or two younger.

blokes who take their kids/grandkids who have themselves witnessed the relative good times of keegan the player, keegan the manager, robson the manager. a competative club/team which although winning nowt, fucking tried. we even had a couple of trips to wembley in the 70s.

we now have a generation of kids who have next to no hope of ever getting the opportunity to see their team in a cup final or giving the best in the country a decent challenge over 90 minutes on a saturday afternoon and by continueing to turn up and line ashley's pockets these fathers/grandfathers are achieving nothing other than ensuring they never will.

make no mistake as long as ashley has a tat shop in every high street and retail park in the citys and towns of this country he will continue to own and use what was nufc to advertise them, unless the association becomes toxic to him.

i really struggle to see why some people are failing to see this and aren't at least prepared to give it a go.

:(

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is for the boycotters tomorrow

Venues participating in Support Our Toon include:

Spot White, 14-18 Stowell Street, NE1 4QX – Free pool subject to availability, bottles from £2.50 and shots from £1. Children are welcome.

Idols/Vaults, 15 Bigg Market, NE1 1UN – Bottles from £2, pints from £3, £3.50 double vodka and mixer. Adult entertainment.

The Hancock, 2A Hancock Street, NE2 4PU – £10 pitchers, 10% discount of food valid using this, or last year’s, season ticket. Entered into a raffle to win a signed NUFC football.

Sinners, 63 Newgate Street, NE1 5RF – 3 bottles of Carlsberg/VK for £6 and £3.95 house trebles.

The North terrace, 23-26 North Terrace, Claremont Street, NE2 4AN – Normal menu instead of Sunday menu. Pizza and a pint for £8. 2 for £6 on select
pints. ‘Half time madness’ deal – 50p off pints. Selected pints £2.50.

Filthys, 22-28 Bigg Market, NE1 1UW – Selected bottles at £1.50.

Players, The Gate, Newgate Street, NE1 5TG – 2 pints for £5.95.

Don Vito’s, 86 Pilgrim Street, NE1 6SG – Pizza and a pint for £10 upon quoting “Support Our Toon” when ordering.

Dougies Tavern, Hebburn, NE31 1ST – £2 pints during 90 minutes. Free shots of Sambuca when Newcastle score and free bar snacks throughout.

Antler, Pilgrim Street, NE1 6BJ – Amstel £3.50, Strongbow Dark fruit £3.50, Bottle of Heineken or Sol £3.00, Single
house spirit and mixer £3.00, glass of wine £3.00. 2 pint steins / 4 pint pitchers/
bottle bucket deals will also be available.

Union Rooms, Westgate Road, NE1 1TT – Coors 2 for £6 , 2 pizzas for £10, 2 Premium bottles £5 (Corona, Bud, Becks),
Bucket of 6 beers + a pizza for £20

Edited by trooper

I won't be there!

Naturally, but, if I was visiting 'home' I would probably join the boycott although I don't think it will have any amount of success unless huge numbers stay away, and I mean HUGE numbers.

3 hours ago, trooper said:

Don Vito’s, 86 Pilgrim Street, NE1 6SG – Pizza and a pint for £10 upon quoting “Support Our Toon” when ordering.

:lol: Are they honestly going to make people say that ffs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trooper said:

This is for the boycotters tomorrow

Venues participating in Support Our Toon include:

Spot White, 14-18 Stowell Street, NE1 4QX – Free pool subject to availability, bottles from £2.50 and shots from £1. Children are welcome.

Idols/Vaults, 15 Bigg Market, NE1 1UN – Bottles from £2, pints from £3, £3.50 double vodka and mixer. Adult entertainment.

The Hancock, 2A Hancock Street, NE2 4PU – £10 pitchers, 10% discount of food valid using this, or last year’s, season ticket. Entered into a raffle to win a signed NUFC football.

Sinners, 63 Newgate Street, NE1 5RF – 3 bottles of Carlsberg/VK for £6 and £3.95 house trebles.

The North terrace, 23-26 North Terrace, Claremont Street, NE2 4AN – Normal menu instead of Sunday menu. Pizza and a pint for £8. 2 for £6 on select
pints. ‘Half time madness’ deal – 50p off pints. Selected pints £2.50.

Filthys, 22-28 Bigg Market, NE1 1UW – Selected bottles at £1.50.

Players, The Gate, Newgate Street, NE1 5TG – 2 pints for £5.95.

Dougies Tavern, Hebburn, NE31 1ST – £2 pints during 90 minutes. Free shots of Sambuca when Newcastle score and free bar snacks throughout.

Antler, Pilgrim Street, NE1 6BJ – Amstel £3.50, Strongbow Dark fruit £3.50, Bottle of Heineken or Sol £3.00, Single
house spirit and mixer £3.00, glass of wine £3.00. 2 pint steins / 4 pint pitchers/
bottle bucket deals will also be available.

Union Rooms, Westgate Road, NE1 1TT – Coors 2 for £6 , 2 pizzas for £10, 2 Premium bottles £5 (Corona, Bud, Becks),
Bucket of 6 beers + a pizza for £20

:lol: Fair play to them for using it as an excuse to get rid of all their shite.

• Haha 1

Why the fuck would anyone venture into the town on a Sunday afternoon to start drinking if you weren't going to the game? (Unless it was a lovely day and you were off on the Monday or something?) :cuppa:

currently holed up in the van in a very wet, windy but nonetheless stunningly beautiful brecon beacons.

six mile walk to the nearest pub with sky sports... fuck that.

will probably tune in to mobdro initially at least to see if there's a reasonable show of dissent from our supporters.

got a feeling we'll get beat so might well stick with it out of morbid curiousity.

tragic it"s come to this.

Anybody that goes contributes to the notion that the disillusioned are just a vocal minority. An endorsement for the club to carry on as they are. A ready excuse used by local journos to not challenge the club harder and push for change. 'I'm not going to print x just because of some twitter anger'. I've already seen Douglas say things along those lines.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

This from the supporters collective 

Our collective will be meeting at Sports Direct, Northumberland Street at 12:45pm, where we welcome other fans to join us. We will then march to St James Park at 1pm before a peaceful protest outside of the club store at 1:30pm. At 2pm we will head into local venues showing the match.