Joelinton

wykikitoon

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

I think he should be known as Joelie,  and if he's shite then blame can be attached to me.:)

Joelie Taxi in that scenario 

• Jaysus... 2

4 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Champions League is in our sights, imagine the goals this lad will score with the service Jack Colback will provide. Wow, the future's bright.

The future’s orange 

This has got disaster written all over it. A six year deal for an untried South American. It’s not a signing to develop the squad it’s a fuckin bribe to get people into the stadium. It’ll probably work on that score. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Plea turned us down, Pepe was before either his breakout seasons and before transfer prices went mental.

Aubameyang and Lacazette were 6 and 5 years ago, well before the skyrocket of transfer prices that sees Ayoze going for 30 million and that being considered a cheap deal or Mitrovic going for 27 million.

Inflation means nothing to our owner. His transfer limit has been £16mil ish for over a decade now. 

I've heard some good things about this guy from some German friends of mine but at £40m he has to be about £10m worth of improvement on Perez. I'm skeptical about that.

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

has a record signing ever underwhelmed as much as this? :lol:

There are still enough numpties around celebrating the transfer and getting excited.

KBA wins again...

9 minutes ago, zerosum said:

micky owen 

that was in hindsight though - his signing generated a lot of excitement - where as we couldn't be more apathetic with this new kid.

at least he won't suffer from the burden of expectation on his shoulders. i've already decided he's almost certain to be another xisco. 

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Appointing Bruce after chasing one of the world’s best coaches might have something to do with that 

Certainly.  It's a ridiculous situation.

Personally I hate Ashley, Charnley and Bruce, and I think this signing is nowhere near enough to pacify me, but I'm not upset about making this signing.  Yes his goals per game hasn't been superb so far but he's a young lad and regarded as a big prospect so I'm quite happy to see him come in.  He just needs to be followed by another four and I doubt we have the time to do that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Personally I hate Ashley, Charnley and Bruce, and I think this signing is nowhere near enough to pacify me, but I'm not upset about making this signing.  Yes his goals per game hasn't been superb so far but he's a young lad and regarded as a big prospect so I'm quite happy to see him come in.  He just needs to be followed by another four and I doubt we have the time to do that.

'Prospect' being the problem when coupled with Steve Bruce as manager. If Rafa had still been in charge I could see a path to development that I just don't see happening under bagpuss.

12 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

If he's any good Ashley will sell him next season for double what they paid for him.

15 minutes ago, trooper said:

If he's any good Ashley will sell him next season for double what they paid for him.

See here's another flaw in the cunt of an owner's plan, if you want to maximise on a player's potential sale price you make sure they are in a competitive team, with players around them to make them look even better, the top 6 get it and that's why when they sell a player they get over the top prices for them. No use having 9 Colbacks, Messi and a keeper being coached by Mrs Doubtfire because Messi will look like Perez if he's lucky.

The cunt that is Ashley just has got a clue.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, trooper said:

Well players move on after a couple of seasons all the time.  That's no reason to be upset at a signing.

This from N.O. 

Adjusting for inflation, but not the effect of Sky TV money, Alan Shearer would cost around £24m in today's money.

That means Joe Linton is worth one and two thirds Alan Shearers, or in proper Keegan Era Units, A Shearer and a Ferdinand.

In the 96/97 season, Shearer scored 28 goals in all appearances and Ferdy 21.

Therefore, Joe Linton is going to score 49 goals this season

13 minutes ago, sammynb said:

See here's another flaw in the cunt of an owner's plan, if you want to maximise on a player's potential sale price you make sure they are in a competitive team, with players around them to make them look even better, the top 6 get it and that's why when they sell a player they get over the top prices for them. No use having 9 Colbacks, Messi and a keeper being coached by Mrs Doubtfire because Messi will look like Perez if he's lucky.

The cunt that is Ashley just has got a clue.

I've been making this argument for years.  When we were doing the thing with the French players it was obvious what the problem with our strategy was.  Ashley still has no clue about football after a decade of owning us.

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

This from N.O. 

Adjusting for inflation, but not the effect of Sky TV money, Alan Shearer would cost around £24m in today's money.

That means Joe Linton is worth one and two thirds Alan Shearers, or in proper Keegan Era Units, A Shearer and a Ferdinand.

In the 96/97 season, Shearer scored 28 goals in all appearances and Ferdy 21.

Therefore, Joe Linton is going to score 49 goals this season

Not sure why anyone would bother posting that.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

There is no reason to be upset about the signing. If Joelinton continues the way he did last season under the coaching of Nagelsmann he could indeed turn out to be an excellent signing.

But I think it is telling that on one hand there are lot of people not getting excited by a new record signing (which didn’t even make it to the tv news last night if I am right) but on the other hand there are people getting excited seemingly ignoring the shambolic actions of the last two months (never mind the last 12 years).