Joelinton

wykikitoon

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

There is no reason to be upset about the signing. If Joelinton continues the way he did last season under the coaching of Nagelsmann he could indeed turn out to be an excellent signing.

But I think it is telling that on one hand there are lot of people not getting excited by a new record signing (which didn’t even make it to the tv news last night if I am right) but on the other hand there are people getting excited seemingly ignoring the shambolic actions of the last two months (never mind the last 12 years).

Yeah judging by twitter there seems to be a swing of reactions from the way it's been received on here, to excitement that isn't warranted on the players form so far and that I certainly can't get to because of what has happened in the last few months.  Seems to be a lack of balance from both sides.  I suppose I can understand both reaction because of what's happened during Ashley's reign.

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Yeah judging by twitter there seems to be a swing of reactions from the way it's been received on here, to excitement that isn't warranted on the players form so far and that I certainly can't get to because of what has happened in the last few months.  Seems to be a lack of balance from both sides.  I suppose I can understand both reaction because of what's happened during Ashley's reign.

That is my main grief, the ability to split the fan base by acting like cunts. The moment they get into trouble they just do the necessary to get enough people on their side to let any serious protest fade out.

United my arse.

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We've broken our transfer record and still aren't as strong as last season up front. Some doing

Joe & Miggy will be used to fund our promotion bid after relegation.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

that was in hindsight though - his signing generated a lot of excitement - where as we couldn't be more apathetic with this new kid.

at least he won't suffer from the burden of expectation on his shoulders. i've already decided he's almost certain to be another xisco. 

xisco haha give the kid a chance :-) , not his fault ashley wants to profit from him .. never know he might be ok 

On 25/07/2019 at 06:34, PaddockLad said:

On 25/07/2019 at 06:34, PaddockLad said:

i thought it was all some kind of code for 1/4 of an ounce.

Edited by thebrokendoll

• 2 weeks later...

There's still something iffy about this deal like. 

Mitro, Widjnaldum, Thauvin, Cabella, Almiron, Shelvey, Murphy, Townsend, Richie all cost £12-16mil. That always been our glass ceiling under Ashley, irrespective of how much TV money comes in

Then with absolutely no desire/pressure from the manager, he agrees to spunk £40 mil on a player in February that is probably worth half that? Given we missed out on the likes of Pepe, Lacazette, Modric, Aubameyang etc. by arguing over adding £1-2mil to the fee, this reeks of kickbacks from an agent or similar

• Like 2

£38m or £40m appears to have been the fee leaked to the press. There’s no guarantee that was actually the price paid, we could have gotten him for £20m but we won’t know until the accounts are released and that’ll probably be March 2021.