Joelinton

wykikitoon

If the fee is less than suggested by the club then I expect the FA compliance unit to have a look at it. 

Was there anyone else in for our record breaking 7 goal striker to push the price up to a club record 40 million? 

don't recall seeing rumours of any other club being interested in signing him.

there appears to be absolutely no reason why we would have to pay anymore for him than we did for mitrovic, or even what fulham subsequently paid us for the serbian.

dodgy as fuck i reckon!

• Like 3

A scan has shown there was no significant damage to the 23-year-old, with Bruce more worried about the harm done to the young striker’s confidence than his hip after he missed an easy header with the score at 0-0 in Norfolk.

With that in mind, Newcastle’s coaching staff are trying to lift Joelinton’s spirits and are wary of seeing him lose confidence in the midst of the team’s early season struggles.

I just dont understand how a young lad can go to a new country and lead the line for a new club in a league he has no experience of, and not score bucket loads of goals after 2 games. I mean, doesn’t he know we paid 40 mill for him and have huge expectations?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I think we could collectively find more than £40m worth of Rafas shit signings. 

Almiron, is half of it. 

When you have £2m to spend over three seasons they’re not all going to be successes.

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Almiron looked great playing under Rafa with his pace creating bags of space for Rondon & Perez. 

Wonder what’s changed? 🤔

He's become more obsessed with trying to score. He needs to try getting assists first. Having Shelvey in the team doesn't help. If Maxim can stay fit (2% chance of this though) he can be dropped to the bench. A Longstaff return would help also.

1 minute ago, t00nraider2 said:

He's become more obsessed with trying to score. He needs to try getting assists first. Having Shelvey in the team doesn't help. If Maxim can stay fit (2% chance of this though) he can be dropped to the bench. A Longstaff return would help also.

Fuck off

• Like 4

I agree with the twat unfortunately, we are missing Longstaff. Hope he isn’t going to have an Andy Carrol type injury plagued career. :( He seems a nice kid, watched that interview with him and Matty on bbc. Both canny young lads.

Edited by zerosum

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

As usual you are generally wrong.

On 9/2/2019 at 09:03, sammynb said:

Almiron should be playing on the left, he's all left foot.

Last season even if he didn't directly contribute to an assist stat, the scond ball from his run would often lead to the assist for a goal.

For some stupid reason cabbage heed has him playing on the right (I bet it's because ASM has laid claim to the left) and when he does get around his man he scuffs his pass/cross because his righ foot is only good for standing on.

Or he tries to cut inside and it makes it so much easier for the defender, so you can see he's cutting inside to early as he has no confidence.

Almiron is all about pace.

4 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

DBA6CCF8-DBAB-413A-8755-132051CF5B36.gif

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 1