Joelinton

wykikitoon

27 minutes ago, 37quidman said:

I wouldnt pay 37 quid to go to the stadium of light because its a new stadium and I have little to no interest in new stadiums, its an age thing. I would pay 37 quid to go to say Newcastle or Leeds, because these are the grounds that I went to on the specials as a teenager. These places still hold a historical interest to me. New stadiums don't.

No home supporter  has ever paid £37 for a ticket at either Joker Park or the SOS.For a season ticket possibly,but not for one match.

Hoy a free shirt in and £25 max.

With Linton I really do think the Manager has filled the poor lads head with track back every chance shit. It breaks up Lintons time in areas he should be gaining his touch in. Fear knocked at the door, Brucie answered, and let it in.

Edited by 37quidman

I just think Bruce is erratic and his briefs will be to encourage some players like Maxi to go at it with a free role, some players like the twins to take 25 yarders first time every time, but Linton is getting the track back sermon. It cannot be easy for him. He is a big unit and needs to plant himself up front and start bullying his providers.

Edited by 37quidman

Not even sure you can blame Bruce for Joelinton tbf. He’s completely clueless (Joelinton), has no first touch, no awareness, can’t strike a ball, has no strength, if he has pace, he doesn’t use it, has no graft and to top it off, he has a shit haircut. Bruce is complicit in accepting his transfer into his squad but I’m sure not even he could have foreseen this.

3 hours ago, 37quidman said:

already in troduced myself on the introductions thread. If you are going to attempt to gang up on me in true internet message board fanny style then crack on. If the flack gets really bad I will act like a submissive dog and roll over and pull out the fact that my ancestry hails from Pelaw.

You may not be a mackem but I think it’s fair to say that someone coming on here just after they’ve won and saying anything remotely about Joelinton is tad suspicious 

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

You may not be a mackem but I think it’s fair to say that someone coming on here just after they’ve won and saying anything remotely about Joelinton is tad suspicious 

Ask him if we ever took the Fulwell.

If he says yes he’s not a makem.No makem will ever admit it.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland
Spelling error
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 37quidman said:

already in troduced myself on the introductions thread. If you are going to attempt to gang up on me in true internet message board fanny style then crack on. If the flack gets really bad I will act like a submissive dog and roll over and pull out the fact that my ancestry hails from Pelaw.

We have several mackems masquerading as NUFC fans on here so don't worry too much. It took us about a decade (seriously) to conclude that essembee wasn't one, and was in fact just a Newcastle fan who loves to hate Sunderland more than he hates to love Newcastle. Which, when the teams are reversed, would put him in good company in Sunderland - hence our confusion.

So anyway, welcome to the board.

For the sake of my sanity, please note that Linton isn't Joelinton's last name. His first name is Joelinton and that's just what everyone calls him. And he's genuinely a poor player. We don't understand why exactly but we gave him a decent chance on here for some time. Bruce has played him in every possible game he could have, and he's just horrific. It's sad, we don't know what happened to the lad but he's just shite. Maybe in the next game you can point out some of the useful stuff he does cos I'm struggling to see it myself.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Mackems have won the cup twice. 1973 and 19....? :razz: 

What was the name of your previous ground?
Have sunlun won more major domestic trophies than NUFC? ( if he says sunlun because the FA Cup isn’t a major domestic trophy,like a makem mate of mine said) he’s either my makem mate or another makem.

16 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Look,I want both north east teams to do well.Some on here are forever having digs at the makems.Not me.

Hell of a set up for that one bud.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Anyone know (or know how to find) Steve Howey’s playing stats for when he was playing as a striker. For the first team that is.

And is it just me or did he used to actually wear no 9?

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I don’t recall him playing up front for the 1st team.

I do...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-steve-howeys-fascinating-14474257

The early part of my Newcastle career wasn’t great. I made my debut under Jim Smith in 1989 as a centre forward and I was never a centre forward.

“Ossie Ardiles brought in a lot of kids, got rid of lots of the experienced players. I’m up front in a bad team. We were good lads, good players, but we were too young.

“I’m playing up front, I’m from Sunderland, I am wearing the number nine. For the first few years, I didn’t recognise my name as Steve Howey. I was referred to as something I can’t repeat!”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

How does Joelinton stack up to Steve Watson’s adventures up fronts?

Where Joelinton couldn’t hit a barndoor with a banjo, Watson would just barge through the thing. 
Or something.

He also managed 14 goals. :good:

• Like 1