Joelinton

wykikitoon

On 7/24/2019 at 01:17, Noelie said:

I think he should be known as Joelie,  and if he's shite then blame can be attached to me.:)

Just checking what was said about him a few months back, this made me chuckle :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dougle said:

Anyone know (or know how to find) Steve Howey’s playing stats for when he was playing as a striker. For the first team that is.

And is it just me or did he used to actually wear no 9?

I don't know his stats but remember it well, he was useless as a CF but he was a bairn really and was put up against hardened 2nd Division centre halves so it was really tough for him.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Is David Roche the kid who was eventually banged up for dealing? Was he from Meadowell? 🤔

He was from Walker, I saw his debut away to Arsenal on the day of the Hillsborough disaster. Knew his brother as we all went to the same school. Last time I saw D Roche was a couple of years ago briefly in a bar in Wallsend. (Don't know him to speak to). He got attacked in Byker many years ago but think he'd moved on to the lower leagues by then if he was playing regularly at all? He was a good prospect and unlike Howey wouldn't have had the same problem looking after himself against older pro's. Think he played against us in the promotion season for Peterborough up here? 

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

“We’ve all shagged your wife, Speedie, Speedie” :lol:

tbf Hendrie, Moran, Wilcox & Newell were all decent, all cunts like but decent...

Garner must've been there forever? Always seemed to feature in games v us till Walker started spreading the readies around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2020 at 13:38, PaddockLad said:

Is David Roche the kid who was eventually banged up for dealing? Was he from Meadowell? 🤔

Just going through me vinyl colection and sticking them on Discogs. Hawkwind album, Hall of the Mountaim Grill, (second hand) signed on the inner sleeve by David Roche. How fucking random

• Haha 3

On 20/04/2020 at 15:45, Howmanheyman said:

I don't know his stats but remember it well, he was useless as a CF but he was a bairn really and was put up against hardened 2nd Division centre halves so it was really tough for him.

He was from Walker, I saw his debut away to Arsenal on the day of the Hillsborough disaster. Knew his brother as we all went to the same school. Last time I saw D Roche was a couple of years ago briefly in a bar in Wallsend. (Don't know him to speak to). He got attacked in Byker many years ago but think he'd moved on to the lower leagues by then if he was playing regularly at all? He was a good prospect and unlike Howey wouldn't have had the same problem looking after himself against older pro's. Think he played against us in the promotion season for Peterborough up here? 

I got a lift home one Christmas eve off Roache when we'd been buying cowies off his mate in the Wolsey in Walker.  

31 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I got a lift home one Christmas eve off Roache when we'd been buying cowies off his mate in the Wolsey in Walker.  

That used to be my local. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That used to be my local. :lol:

You probably knew the guy we were buying them off then :D  I can't remember his name but I think this was Christmas 99 because I'm sure we got some more from him to take to Ibiza for the millennium new year.

The all seemed like lovely blokes.

• Haha 1

can I just say that arguably the shadiest pub in the north east was probably the ford arms in byker. not once did I ever see anybody play pool on the pool table.

its sole use was a stable base to place your scales on.

happy days!    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

can I just say that arguably the shadiest pub in the north east was probably the ford arms in byker. not once did I ever see anybody play pool on the pool table.

its sole use was a stable base to place your scales on.

happy days!    :)

Which was the one in Byker that changed it's name to Wor Jackies?

Had a great banner hanging outside..... "Win or lose we'll have some booze"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I've no idea mate. the only two pubs I ever went in to in byker during the 80s were the ford arms and quavers.

quavers was probably only slightly less a den of iniquity than the ford. I once met a bloke in there whose occupation was hiring out luton bedford vans on stolen driving licences, stripping them down and selling its various components.

very knowledgeable chap actually.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I was once on the Nat King Cole and bumped into a couple of mates walking down the fossway after they'd signed on. Apparently Wor Jackies had some bottled lager on for 50p a bottle. It was a lovely summer's day and we all ended up going to wor Jackies but it turned out the 50p lager was 8% cider. The newly retired boxer John Davison was behind the bar learning the ropes so he told us and had a bit crack on with us. Later on as I staggered up Shields Road with my mates I climbed on top of a bus stop and was smiling and waving to the passengers on the top deck I maybe realised a little too late.......

tenor (7).gif

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've no idea mate. the only two pubs I ever went in to in byker during the 80s were the ford arms and quavers.

quavers was probably only slightly less a den of iniquity than the ford. I once met a bloke in there whose occupation was hiring out luton bedford vans on stolen driving licences, stripping them down and selling its various components.

very knowledgeable chap actually.

Used to live on Shields Road, Supa Snooker was the place to be for all night lockins.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Used to live on Shields Road, Supa Snooker was the place to be for all night lockins.

quavers was about 2/3 of the way up shields road on the right hand side. I seem to recall it had a lot of pool/snooker tables so mebbees they're one and the same place?

all very hazy those days, probably due to a cocktail of squidgy black, pink champagne speed and white lighning blotters!

:)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

quavers was about 2/3 of the way up shields road on the right hand side. I seem to recall it had a lot of pool/snooker tables so mebbees they're one and the same place?

all very hazy those days, probably due to a cocktail of squidgy black, pink champagne speed and white lighning blotters!

It was at the top end, near the Blue Bell , right hand side.... near the Masonic hall.

Just now, Dougle said:

It was at the top end, near the Blue Bell , right hand side.... near the Masonic hall.

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Magnificent.

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

aye, sounds about right.

you haven't got an in depth knowledge of the best way to crush and disguise the bodywork of a luton van and where to get the best scrap price for aluminium have you?

;)

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye, sounds about right.

you haven't got an in depth knowledge of the best way to crush and disguise the bodywork of a luton van and where to get the best scrap price for aluminium have you?

;)

Nah not me. But if yer looking for a quote... :)

• 1 month later...

Brazilian brilliance?

i'm not sure how much he knew about it tbh. 

hope i'm wrong and that he suddenly starts to look like a player when the PL is restarted behind closed doors 

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Brazilian brilliance?

i'm not sure how much he knew about it tbh. 

hope i'm wrong and that he suddenly starts to look like a player when the PL is restarted behind closed doors 

Better than Bergkamp :icon_lol: