Joelinton

wykikitoon

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

There is still a lot room for improvement, especially if he can gain some confidence which will both improve his first touches and finishing.

aye.

fair play to the lad himself for putting in the performances he has last few games, especially last night. he's obviously been coached a lot better, but it would've been so easy to have just chucked the towel in after the 2 years he's endured with bruce.

• Like 1

It’s a testament to how bad Bruce is that Howe has gotten a tune out of Big Jow in no time at all.

I don’t think he’ll ever be a striker but so long as he’s throwing his weight about and getting involved that’s a remarkable improvement. 

He’s also getting the skills out, albeit in a very Sholaesque manager.

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Anyone with a subscription fancy pasting the athletic article?

See, attitudes like this will be the death of journalism and the media more generally. If only someone who worked in such industries was present to set out how problematic your request is ;) 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

See, attitudes like this will be the death of journalism and the media more generally. If only someone who worked in such industries was present to set out how problematic your request is ;) 

image.gif.c2afc0eba24af21b49035a4ddbbe22a9.gif

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

They were doing £12 for a year's sub recently. It's a very good article and he's obviously a really good bloke/pro. 

I know, I meant to get it at the time, forgot and now resent having to pay full whack 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They were doing £12 for a year's sub recently. It's a very good article and he's obviously a really good bloke/pro. 

I thought it was a good article too tbh - although the fact that he has this consultancy team working for him in order to help him manage his own development is pretty unique I thought :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I thought it was a good article too tbh - although the fact that he has this consultancy team working for him in order to help him manage his own development is pretty unique I thought :lol: 

When your manager is so shite that you have to hire your own coach. :lol: 

• Haha 6

• 3 weeks later...

With what Longstaff was saying yesterday, and with how he has played under Howe, it makes you wonder if Howe just came in and saw that he was a decent player who is not a striker. Not on the same level but I wonder how well Shearer would have played as a left back? He had a decent header and a good cross but he would have been wasted. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Make him captain. He’s been our best player by far since Howe came in. 

If his english was a bit better I'd have no problem with this.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Make him captain. He’s been our best player by far since Howe came in. 

the transformation of the joelinton I watched under bruce against tottenham to the one I watched last night just over 2 months later is nothing short of fucking astonishing.

I have nothing other than the utmost respect for both howe and the lad himself for achieving this.

• Like 5