Joelinton

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

“They are our 12th man. I love this city, I love the club and the passion they have for it. They fight for it so I want to fight for it.”

The club is transformed from the one that he signed for. Ashley is gone, replaced by a consortium who have made no bones about their ambition.

“Newcastle is a massive club and now it’s coming back,” he says.

“We all know the owners’ ambitions. They want to be big – the biggest club in the world – and when you listen to them you think it can be.

“Now everyone in the world is talking about Newcastle and what it can be. In Brazil they know it now and I’m happy to be here and I hope to stay for many years here to be part of it.”

In the short-term the aim is “to keep improving, day by day”. But the long-term? “To help Newcastle win titles and do great things. I’m happy here, very pleased for the fans.

“I love the city, my life is good and I hope to stay here for many years.”

fq4.gif

• Like 5

An interesting experiment is trying to explain to Gen Z what shirt numbering standards were pre-1993. It's up there with giving them an old dial telephone and asking them to make a call :lol:

Position Numbers | Coaching American Soccer

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

SoccerPositions-1.jpg?crop=0px,0px,968px,545px&fit=1140

Can't really take that seriously as no one in England  has played with a sweeper in about 25 years but thanks anyway  :good:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

An interesting experiment is trying to explain to Gen Z what shirt numbering standards were pre-1993. It's up there with giving them an old dial telephone and asking them to make a call :lol:

I played number 6 on my shirt all season many years ago and was tucked behind our left winger going forward and obviously dropped back when defending, we were 4-2-4, I was captain and we won the league we were in so we couldn't have been that bad. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

It's trequarters of a no. 8.

:lol: Tremendous

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Aye, funny it fell out of fashion shortly after the release of this:

91FfS9u+ELL.jpg

:lol: Is this the genuine cover? It almost makes me want to read it to find out why it has the maddest cover in the history of books. The computer generated bloke next to Bruce looks equally confused by it. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Is this the genuine cover? It almost makes me want to read it to find out why it has the maddest cover in the history of books. The computer generated bloke next to Bruce looks equally confused by it. 

Apparently they’re collectors items as they’re difficult to get hold of. I guess that’s what happens when shit books go out of print and most of them end up pulped. The novelty factor here being the author is famous, he’s embarrassed by the books and he’s a massive cunt 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Craig said:

I find it quite interesting the way different countries evolved from the original 2-3-5 line up. So the left back moved over in England and still wears 3 but it was the left half that moved there in Brazil, hence 6 being more traditional 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I played number 6 on my shirt all season many years ago and was tucked behind our left winger going forward and obviously dropped back when defending, we were 4-2-4, I was captain and we won the league we were in so we couldn't have been that bad. :lol:

It seems to have come into common usage to describe that holding midfield role quite recently. Heard it a lot of late but before that it wouldn’t be used the same way 9/10 for a CF/2nd striker has been for ages 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

@The Fish Dave,  what the fuck is a no. 6?  :huh:

Much as we slated him for it, Clark getting sent off in that match is the best thing he's done for this club

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Also @Howay to answer your question I’ve seen an article taking the piss out those books again recently and apparently that is the genuine cover. :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Aye, it seems though that Bruce thinks that the Jews are behind it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3