Joelinton

wykikitoon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Coached by Howe it’s …..

61C87FE3-A151-4516-964D-8801074E25E9.jpeg

These days he would have scored the header from his own "pass", claiming both the goal and assist.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

I love a player who stays on their feet when they're fouled and tries to continue the play. The amount of times he wins the ball and then is fouled but keeps playing sets him apart from many others, in particular because he's so strong and determined that even heavy fouls are sometimes but a speed bump on his way upfield.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:bloodywank:

watching that makes you really appreciate his game: ball progression, tackling, strength, touch, passing. if he could finish he would be the complete midfielder. 

While I think he’s made that midfield role his own, I also think he’d be a good option now causing mayhem in a front 3 alongside any 2 from Isak, Wilson and ASM. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

While I think he’s made that midfield role his own, I also think he’d be a good option now causing mayhem in a front 3 alongside any 2 from Isak, Wilson and ASM. 

If we'd signed another midfielder to do the dirty work, I'd be open to that. But right now, we've got an absolute monster in midfield who's never shown much when played up front in the PL. 

Sign Maddison and another forward option in January and we've got a really good side, imo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If we'd signed another midfielder to do the dirty work, I'd be open to that. But right now, we've got an absolute monster in midfield who's never shown much when played up front in the PL. 

Sign Maddison and another forward option in January and we've got a really good side, imo.

Aye, I had it in mind more if we got (for example) Tielemans and Maddison this January. Not saying it would mean he was displaced from that midfield role but it would be another option. As I think he’s got much more confidence now but he still wouldn’t be the one expected to score the goals. I think that’s similar to role he played prior to when we bought him too

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal mate was wondering whose is the bigger redemption story, Joelinton or Xhaka?

I'd say Joe because Xhaka was decent before and is decent now, he was just unpopular with the fans. Whereas Joe's gone from £40m flop of a striker, with people doubting we'd get a penny for him, to one of the best destructive midfielders in the league.

• Like 2

I'd sort of agree with that. Xhaka has found redemption whereas Joelinton has achieved a level he'd not been at previously. 

So if it's about success story, then it's Joelinton. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...