Joelinton

wykikitoon

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just like Quinny! Let's see the mackems moral outrage gymnastics on this one.

For once they'll be justified though. The fucking idiot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trooper said:

He's got no excuse for drink driving. There's plenty of taxis, you can't condone drink driving no matter who it is 

You'd think he'd be able to afford a fucking chauffeur, frankly.

• Like 2

FFS, all the money he has and drink drives. Not sure what he's driving but given the number of cops Vs cars on an average weds night in Newcastle, id be inclined to say that theyve had a tip off. 

Simple answer is tip off or not he should not be drink driving. He will be fined by the courts and the club and may miss a game or two. No excuses he is wrong it can wreck lives he should know better.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Foolish. I wouldn’t be surprised if the club suspend him for the Fulham game now 

Be surprised if so, case not before the beak until 26th, innocent until proven guilty and all that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Be surprised if so, case not before the beak until 26th, innocent until proven guilty and all that. 

I mean yes, but drink-driving is fairly open and shut. You’re either over the limit or you’re not. I’d be very surprised if he plays on Sunday. Disappointing from my favourite Newcastle player. 

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean yes, but drink-driving is fairly open and shut. You’re either over the limit or you’re not. I’d be very surprised if he plays on Sunday. Disappointing from my favourite Newcastle player. 

True, but there's drink driving and then there's drink driving, was he a wine gum over the limit or 6 bottles of champers over the limit, makes a difference to any penalty imposed by court and should influence scale of any club sanction. Unless of course club decide to go "zero tolerance" and hammer him irrespective.

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

True, but there's drink driving and then there's drink driving, was he a wine gum over the limit or 6 bottles of champers over the limit, makes a difference to any penalty imposed by court and should influence scale of any club sanction. Unless of course club decide to go "zero tolerance" and hammer him irrespective.

I would be surprised if Howe let this one slide.  He has set very high standards with everything.

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I would be surprised if Howe let this one slide.  He has set very high standards with everything.

Oh I agree, but scale of punishment is the question, if he was "just" over the limit do you impose same sanction as you would if he had fallen out the car and couldn't stand up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He was drink driving.  End of.  Its 2023 and he's minted to fuck.  Zero excuses.

Who mentioned excuses 🤷🏼‍♂️ He'll be punished, quite rightly, but how severe should that punishment be, maybe we should sell him/cancel his contract eh?

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I doubt he'll be dropped because of it. More likely to be fined, and rightly so. 

We dont have a big squad of quality players.......he's and idiot for drink driving but i think a big club fine / bollocking / communtiy work will suffice.........plus a winning goal on Sunday

• Like 3