Joelinton

wykikitoon

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I hope he selects Miggy as his legal representation. 

Mig in a wig. 

Extremely disappointing. I do think the circumstances are relevant, as there is a difference in my mind to driving pissed out of your head rather than be just over the limit the next day thinking you're sobre, which if we're honest, a lot of us might have done before without even knowing (pretty sure I have in the past before I read up about the risk). Not excusing him though, just saying its not completely binary. Is it usual for a club to apply a playing ban for this type of stuff though? I don't understand the logic of that. The courts will determine the extent of his fine and ban, and by all means we should penalise him financially on top of that, and maybe put him on some awareness courses. But he doesn't drive for a living so I don't get the logic of stopping him playing personally. 

• Like 3

Aye, Eddie's shown a hunger for glory and he's not going to let a silly little thing like morals stop him getting that sweet sweet competition bonus. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what makes you so sure? players have been fined and suspended for this sort of thing in the past 

And conversely, other players have NOT been dropped because of this sort of thing in the past.

It's down to the person running the team. Howe is all about creating a unit - there's no way I can see him metering a punishment that will be shared by the rest of the team and its supporters. He'll impose a punishment that impacts Joelinton, and Joelinton alone. It'll be a fine and community service, but I can't see him dropping him. 

Other managers who are hell bent on making it clear they're in charge would do so, but that isn't Howe's style at all.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying reading everyone's expert opinions on this with the scarcity of facts out there. At the moment I think I'm Camp Craig.

Eddie will deal with it internally and won't engage in over the top posturing.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

And if the mackems have the nerve to say anything about him playing while this is ongoing, a gentle reminder what tehy did with the paedophile Johnson is in order. 

And we're off and running

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/darron-gibson.1597910/

But they don't mention Gibson was pissed out of his brains and smased a few vehicles up

Edited by Rosco

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

And conversely, other players have NOT been dropped because of this sort of thing in the past.

It's down to the person running the team. Howe is all about creating a unit - there's no way I can see him metering a punishment that will be shared by the rest of the team and its supporters. He'll impose a punishment that impacts Joelinton, and Joelinton alone. It'll be a fine and community service, but I can't see him dropping him. 

Other managers who are hell bent on making it clear they're in charge would do so, but that isn't Howe's style at all.

the club may want to take joelinton out of the firing line for a game and to show they have zero tolerance for this sort of thing. it wouldn't come as a massive surprise to me were they to do that. it may also be a decision taken by the club rather than he manager alone. the PR has been since very savvy since the takeover. 

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

He was drink driving.  End of.  Its 2023 and he's minted to fuck.  Zero excuses.

Agree with that but TP is right too. Punishment should fit the crime. It’s fucking stupid but relatively minor due to being just over. The magistrates will act accordingly, ie 12 month ban and fine. I.e. the minimum sanction. Although I think the fine takes into account earnings (which is fair enough). I think he’ll be sanctioned by the club, as he should, but also in line with the seriousness of it, so Howe won’t throw the book at him but will fine him and warn him about his future conduct 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Agree with that but TP is right too. Punishment should fit the crime. It’s fucking stupid but relatively minor due to being just over. The magistrates will act accordingly, ie 12 month ban and fine. I.e. the minimum sanction. Although I think the fine takes into account earnings (which is fair enough). I think he’ll be sanctioned by the club, as he should, but also in line with the seriousness of it, so Howe won’t throw the book at him but will give him and warn him about his future conduct 

Aye agree totally. 

• Like 1

yeah, a lot will hinge on how over the limit he was. like renton said, most of us will have at some point driven unwittingly slightly over the limit. there's a big difference between that and driving home after 5 pints or a bottle of wine 

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I love how they think Joe is his first name and Linton is his second :lol: 

I knew someone who used to keep referring to Lomano Lua Lua as Lua because they thought Lua was his first name and his surname :lol: 

• Haha 1