Joelinton

wykikitoon

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, a lot will hinge on how over the limit he was. like renton said, most of us will have at some point driven unwittingly slightly over the limit. there's a big difference between that and driving home after 5 pints or a bottle of wine 

Most of us have done it.......back in the day 70/80s alot of people would have a few pints at lunchtime a couple more after work then drive home.....and if saw double you drove with one eye closed, young people will be horrified but thats what happened

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, a lot will hinge on how over the limit he was. like renton said, most of us will have at some point driven unwittingly slightly over the limit. there's a big difference between that and driving home after 5 pints or a bottle of wine 

I’m not sure how people know but a few people at work have said he was just over the limit

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What does Sharia law say about drink driving?

The driving bit is ok but you shouldn’t be drinking. The first bit only applies if you’re a bloke 

• Haha 4

Punishment should be relative to how far over the limit he was, a couple of pints can have you over the limit and make you a drunk driver, if he's had a monster sesh then penalty should be comparatively bigger.

The fact that it was a 1:30 a.m. stop makes me think the latter but still depends if he was in "I must be OK" territory or "I know I shouldn't be driving" territory.

Could maybe fine him a weeks wages to make a point, with right to review/increase that when the facts are all known.

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Some U-Turn that. 

Better not try that after a pint or two.

I think he's a cunt for doing it.

But like someone said we don't know the full facts.  I am sure the club will do something about it.  They will know the full facts and will deal with it accordingly, as will the courts.

To add.  I don't understand drink driving.  But that's because I lost my best mate to a drink driver when I was a kid and I saw what his parents and brother went through.  His brother is still at a loss from him 30 years on.  If you need to drive, IMO, just dont drink.

Edited by wykikitoon
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think he's a cunt for doing it.

But like someone said we don't know the full facts.  I am sure the club will do something about it.  They will know the full facts and will deal with it accordingly, as will the courts.

To add.  I don't understand drink driving.  But that's because I lost my best mate to a drink driver when I was a kid and I saw what his parents and brother went through.  His brother is still at a loss from him 30 years on.  If you need to drive, IMO, just dont drink.

And lets not forget

Whilst he was probably 99% certainly over the limit / maybe just over / and knew it.........he might have and its a big might......have been in a club drinking coke all night and had his drink spiked by a jealous mackem bastard working behind the bar.......unlikely but you never know

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 4

I'm not that arsed about this like. He shouldn't have done it, he's hopefully learned his lesson, and he got caught so he'll be punished.

Done and dusted. I'll reserve my disappointment for if he does it again. 

The mackems hero worshipped a grown man that was fingering a 15 year old so they can FUCK OFF. 

• Like 8

Darren Gibson gave the Mackem's a perfect excuse to get rid :lol: He was an alchy, crap for them and they saw a chance to save some money. If Ross Stewart did the same you can guarantee there would be a different outcome  (ala Adam Johnson) 

Joelinton is a tit but it doesn't make sense to impose a sanction that is detrimental to the rest of the team. Fine him the maximum amount, donate it to a charity, make him do some community work on behalf of the club etc 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 5

I’m not saying they’re hypocrites but there’s now more posts condemning Joelinton in the resurrected Darron Gibson thread on there than there is people having a go at Gibson 👍🏻

• Haha 7

18 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Errrr

It finally dawned on me that the shit 'batter Sunderland everywhere they go' or whoever other clubs use was Rotterdam by the beautiful south. :lol: You can always tell the football songs where those singing it don't know the original song and tune it the chant came from. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I do wonder why he was pulled over.

I heard Bruno was car surfing, Teen Wolf style. In a letterman jacket with a big B on it. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

£29,000 fine, just over the limit. Probably equivalent to having a couple of pints and getting straight behind the wheel. Not defending this at all but at least he wasn't completely pissed. I do wonder why he was pulled over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-64412529

High powered motor at 1am?  With a black guy in it.............................#justsayin

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

£29,000 fine, just over the limit. Probably equivalent to having a couple of pints and getting straight behind the wheel. Not defending this at all but at least he wasn't completely pissed. I do wonder why he was pulled over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-64412529

Mackem copper, reg check, oh it's a mag, pull him over. (or as has been said, none white guy in flash car - traffic coppers being traffic coppers).

"normal" Polis HATE traffic coppers, or they certainly used to when my CID mates were still in the force.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I heard Bruno was car surfing, Teen Wolf style. In a letterman jacket with a big B on it. 

If that was the case Bruno would have smoothed it over and big Joe would have been all good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing earth shattering to read, but nice to see him getting the plaudits.

I'd love to see him get his goals tally to double figures for the season. Just the three needed from the next 7. Piece of piss.

• Like 3