Joelinton

wykikitoon

18 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

This is where I struggle with all this talk of midfielders coming in. There can’t be too many out there who have all the qualities that we currently have in Willock, Bruno, Joelinton and even Longstaff.

They just all seem so versatile and only getting better.

They’ve all been fantastic, and all deserve credit but it’s underpinned by Howe and his staffs coaching. If we take that and apply it to players who have more ability like Rice or Maddison that’s where the difference will be. Rice can be just as versatile as Longstaff for example, he’s also just better in pretty much every area - that’s how we improve. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Are you asking if Eddie remembers Krafth?

I'm calling him Krafth 2.Eddie. Might take a while to catch on, I was trying to acknowledge that under Howe's tutelage Krafth looked a decent player even when played as CB. The remember him was for the rest of us given how long he's been out, even though he's still in our victory snaps.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1

Burn has been part of the best defence in the league thus far so I think people are bit harsh on him. He is a CB playing at LB and will be excellent competition/cover for Botman when we sign a decent left back in the summer.

Targett doesn’t seem like he’ll last  much longer here. I felt that we didn’t jump at him when we had the option to buy him in the summer which shows to me that we couldn’t get our first choices in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Burn has been part of the best defence in the league thus far so I think people are bit harsh on him. He is a CB playing at LB and will be excellent competition/cover for Botman when we sign a decent left back in the summer.

Targett doesn’t seem like he’ll last  much longer here. I felt that we didn’t jump at him when we had the option to buy him in the summer which shows to me that we couldn’t get our first choices in.

I absolutely appreciate what Burn has done and how he has been a huge part of our achievements this season as part of our brilliant defense. It's hard to get that across whilst also suggesting that we need to improve on that position, or at least on aspects of it. It's why I suggested we have to at least try a more balanced attack minded natural fullback. Maybe part of that is learning that we're actually better off with a Hybrid LB-CB Dan Burn than a traditional LB.

I wouldn't say Trippier plays wholly as a traditional right back for us, in attack he's positioned a lot higher up the pitch than a normal RB would be. With the protection of Longstaff and Bruno sitting in behind and Burn combined with Schär and Botman along the back he's able to do this. He (Trippier) doesn't have the athleticism to be pushing up and down the pitch constantly, and generally gets backs when he has to, but we're mostly set up so that he doesn't have to get back in a hurry.

Targett only had one poor game from memory, and a few very good ones, the rest he was wholly functional. From what we've seen it's tough on him to not be getting a look in after returning from injury, however it's fully understandable with how well our defense has done. Whether that means Howe doesn't believe Targett plays a part in our future remains to be seen, but I believe if we do qualify for Europe proper we'd keep and play Targett along with bringing in a new left back, if we don't (we will) we'd potentially have to sell to bring in the more dynamic and althetic full back. Eddie has talked about a new left back in at least one pre or post match conference quite recently. I recall because at the time I thought it was a bit of a slight against Targett.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Imagine what his career might have looked like stuck under Steve Bruce man. Would have been difficult to shift as no one would have paid anywhere close to what our outlay was, so could have been stuck here through his 20s having an unproductive, pointless career. And now with just 18 months under Howe, he's made the Brazil team, qualified for the champions league and is probably more than worth the 40m we paid were we to sell him tomorrow.

Fully deserved. I wonder how many other genuinely brilliant footballers had their careers ruined by useless managers and pointless clubs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Imagine what his career might have looked like stuck under Steve Bruce man. Would have been difficult to shift as no one would have paid anywhere close to what our outlay was, so could have been stuck here through his 20s having an unproductive, pointless career. And now with just 18 months under Howe, he's made the Brazil team, qualified for the champions league and is probably more than worth the 40m we paid were we to sell him tomorrow.

Fully deserved. I wonder how many other genuinely brilliant footballers had their careers ruined by useless managers and pointless clubs.

Makes you think doesn't it? If you asked me two years ago how much dead wood made up our squad I'd have listed a good number of players who have been absolutely brilliant this year.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard to understand the mentality behind the people who send these messages. It's bad enough when somebody does it to someone's face, but to do it online is just craven behavior. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

It's hard to understand the mentality behind the people who send these messages

Presumably they follow a team, and I could be wrong but I don’t think there’s any club in the top two divisions who don’t have multi-ethnic squads. 
Do they, then, hate their own players? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Presumably they follow a team, and I could be wrong but I don’t think there’s any club in the top two divisions who don’t have multi-ethnic squads. 

Or in the Mackems' case, their players' mothers. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Like when the Chelsea fans were doing monkey impressions to the away player (forgot who) whilst 4 of their black players were stood in disbelief staring at them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hopefully he gets a start

Someone released a training starting line up and he was in it alongside Casimiro and Paqueta in a midfield three. Whether it's legit or definitely what they are going with I have no idea. 

• Like 1