Joelinton

wykikitoon

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yup, I’m going to admit I got it wrong. With just a couple of weeks of actual coaching it looks like we might have a player on our hands after all.

I don’t think he was ever a centre forward let alone a £40m player but it’s good to see signs of what led us to splash out the cash in the first place. Two games out of the the last three he’s been man of the match. If the big lad keeps this brilliance up we might need to change his name to BBJ7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

BUJ...

outstanding shift last night.

too embarrassed to go through some of me older post on this thread now.

hat doffed to those who've maintained there may be a player in there.

He was played out of position for 2 years tbf. He's absolutely not a striker and can't finish for toffee. But picking the ball up deep he's better than any of our midfielders at driving the team forward

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He was played out of position for 2 years tbf. He's absolutely not a striker and can't finish for toffee. But picking the ball up deep he's better than any of our midfielders at driving the team forward

for the love of god don't tell mr logic that.

;)

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He can finish when he doesn't have to think about it.  But yes, he isnt a striker and doesn't have that striker instinct.

The lad has a bizarre first touch, decent vision, and a good level of work rate. his issue is that he is running himself into the ground. he won't be able to sustain this. basically if he finished like willock you'd have 2 very dynamic attacking threats. 

we don't have a 4-3-2-1 formation at the moment but he would probably be best either side of the 2 if that make sense.  the feeder rather than the scorer.... oo er. 

48 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

huge credit to our new owners for a sacrificing a year out of the PL to aid his development.

doubt it'll get reported though.

Maybe they've had a quiet word in his ear to motivate him. Bonesaw Ultimatum Joelinton.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yup, I’m going to admit I got it wrong. With just a couple of weeks of actual coaching it looks like we might have a player on our hands after all.

I don’t think he was ever a centre forward let alone a £40m player but it’s good to see signs of what led us to splash out the cash in the first place. Two games out of the the last three he’s been man of the match. If the big lad keeps this brilliance up we might need to change his name to BBJ7

There is still a lot room for improvement, especially if he can gain some confidence which will both improve his first touches and finishing.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Is there anyone on here who hasn't said he was shite?

It shows you what a proper manager can do.  I think it was you Gloomy, he is like a new signing tbh.

-ahem-