Joelinton

wykikitoon

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Yet the media still refuse to give any credit to Howe as it just highlights what a shit useless fuck Bruce was 

That thing last night btw where they stuck up the two managers records side by side and said "Howe has basically had no impact". 

Carragher and Neville genuinely see themselves as proper pundits and analysts, and I quite like them both, but that is a bloke incapable of critical thinking, just looking at two sets of numbers and going "well they're the same."

Shochcchhhhhin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 01/01/2020 at 23:17, Kid Dynamite said:

2 Different scouting reports for Joelinton when he was at Hoffenheim. Both explicitly saying he'd be no use as a direct replacement for Rondon as he isn't a target man.

Typical Bruce/Ashley that we spent £40mil on a player and then played him out of position for 2 seasons. A handful of games under Howe and he looks like a bargain 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Typical Bruce/Ashley that we spent £40mil on a player and then played him out of position for 2 seasons. A handful of games under Howe and he looks like a bargain 

:lol: Steady on! Agree with the general sentiment mind 

Edited by Alex

On 01/01/2020 at 22:54, Kid Dynamite said:

He looks a different player here. Being asked to play as a target man for 6 months has left him bereft of confidence. 

On 02/01/2020 at 08:23, Kitman said:

The articles posted by J69 reminds me of john dahl tomasson, someone who we all thought was a dog shit striker until he moved to a club that actually understood where and how to play him. Im not saying he will have as successful a career as JDT but surely Joelinton can’t be this bad.

On 02/01/2020 at 10:24, Dr Gloom said:

from that YT reel, it looks like we smashed our transfer record to sign a striker, without realising he's actually a midfielder. classic nufc

Shame Bruce didn't read Toontastic tbh 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

His English wasn’t so bad on the post-match interview I didn’t think 

Agree that it wasn't too bad. No doubt given his professionalism he's also been working hard on that good lad.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

That thing last night btw where they stuck up the two managers records side by side and said "Howe has basically had no impact". 

Carragher and Neville genuinely see themselves as proper pundits and analysts, and I quite like them both, but that is a bloke incapable of critical thinking, just looking at two sets of numbers and going "well they're the same."

Shochcchhhhhin'.

Absolutely

The comparisons are totally unfair considering what games Howe has had.

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

For fear of using hyperbole.... I can't remember the last time I saw a more complete midfield performance for NUFC. 

Class. Also makes a change to see one of those vids set to music that doesn’t make my ears want to bleed

Edited by Alex

Aside from enjoying the technical development of the player, I think it speaks a lot to his mental toughness that he continued to stick it out here, didn't sulk, kept playing where he was asked to play - all the while he was increasingly coming under fire from the media (and honestly the fans as well - myself included). I'm really pleased for him that he's doing so well, and his determination will stand him in good stead for the future both inside and outside of football.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

For fear of using hyperbole.... I can't remember the last time I saw a more complete midfield performance for NUFC. 

And that smokey sax track has me in the mood for some peak 90s erotic thriller sex scenes.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aside from enjoying the technical development of the player, I think it speaks a lot to his mental toughness that he continued to stick it out here, didn't sulk, kept playing where he was asked to play - all the while he was increasingly coming under fire from the media (and honestly the fans as well - myself included). I'm really pleased for him that he's doing so well, and his determination will stand him in good stead for the future both inside and outside of football.

I feel like this will curse him, but for all his everpresence and more recently his running and battling he has a very good injury record. The kind that goes hand in hand with being the level of professional that we're now learning that he is.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was Joelinton who sought out his own fitness coach under Bruce wasn’t it? 

Perhaps the more professional of our players could've sourced their own personal football manager as well? :lol:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was Joelinton who sought out his own fitness coach under Bruce wasn’t it? 

You say "his own" almost as though Bruce included one on his coaching staff*. I suppose his Slimming World consultant kind of counts as a fitness coach of sorts...

* No offense to the fitness coach during Bruce's tenure, I'm sure they were a lovely person.

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Perhaps the more professional of our players could've sourced their own personal football manager as well? :lol:

Can you imagine the players chipping in to get their own (shared personal) football manager adjacent to Bruce. It's pretty much what Jones was in the end, except he was funded by Ashley in one of his classic attempts to paper over the cracks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, it says a lot about Joelinton but it says more about Bruce :lol: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OTF said:

Can you imagine the players chipping in to get their own (shared personal) football manager adjacent to Bruce. It's pretty much what Jones was in the end, except he was funded by Ashley in one of his classic attempts to paper over the cracks.

Also cheaper than sacking the manager 

• Like 2

Mark of the lad that he took the criticism, tried his best in the games and when it was clearly not going to work, he reached out to his agent and through them Outlier FC. He took it upon himself to improve himself, when other players would just pick up the wage and phone it in.

It certainly helps that Howe has found a position and role that works for him, but I give the lion's share of the credit to big Joe.