Joelinton

wykikitoon

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Again, this is not true. For all the criticism you can lay at his stumbly feet, 'not giving a shit' isn't one of them. 

His finishing is awful but his attitude has been great - I’m not sure which games essembee has been watching tbh.

His touch and passing have both been good since he’s played in midfield with the play in front of him instead of lumbering with his back to goal. Far from the finished article but there’s a player there. I’d given up on him before Howe came in and am happy to have been proved wrong. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Playing today he would suit a wing back system. Never scored, never really created anything, forever played inside. He was a safe option on the ball, but never had any sort of offensive threat to him. Maybe should have been played on the right a bit more, but from what I remember Pardew always played him on the left to basically hold down a side. Would forever be shown inside killing every attack he was involved in, not helped with Santon playing inside too.

If Jonas had to play in recent sides we've had that have been bereft of talent like HBA, Ba, Cabaye, Colo he'd be getting slaughted by fans. 7 goals, 11 assists in 154 PL apperances - 11 key chances created, cross accuracy of 18%, only ever played 51 through balls in over 150 games. He was pants. https://www.premierleague.com/players/3683/Jonás-Gutiérrez/stats

I think what Jonas brought to those teams was vital. He carried the ball 20-30yds up the pitch winning freekicks, throw ins and corners. He was a relentless runner covering most of the left side, pressing their fullbacks and wingers and while he wasn't one for assists and goals, the work he did was invaluable. 

Benitez would have loved peak-Jonas and no mistake. I think had Jonas been playing in recent sides without HBA, Ba and the rest he'd be getting nowt but praise for grafting his bollock off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think what Jonas brought to those teams was vital. He carried the ball 20-30yds up the pitch winning freekicks, throw ins and corners. He was a relentless runner covering most of the left side, pressing their fullbacks and wingers and while he wasn't one for assists and goals, the work he did was invaluable. 

Benitez would have loved peak-Jonas and no mistake. I think had Jonas been playing in recent sides without HBA, Ba and the rest he'd be getting nowt but praise for grafting his bollock off.

First paragraph in the usual Donald Sinden-esque mode however second paragraph veers towards a minor cockney character from a 50's Ealing film but just as swiftly makes a sharp tack* north to finish it in the style of Brian Glover in the slaughtered lamb. Stevie, eat your heart out.

*@Renton©

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Had a lot of Jonas vibes for me when played wide. Both equally as terrible. Work hard for you, but don't expect any goals or chances created from them.

Jonas had the privilege of actually playing with footballers though, and had someone like Cabaye to pass inside to or Santon that could control a ball and pass the half way line - unlike having to pass to Isaac Hayden or Paul Dummett/Lewis who treat the ball like a bomb.

Jonas had the determination  to help out the left back and to get well forward before producing very little.He always put a shift in so I’ll give him 6/10 as a Newcastle United footballer.BUJ7 gets 3/10.

6 hours ago, NJS said:

Shit manager not withstanding, he was played on the left or right of a three on numerous occasions and was still absolute dogshit - any notion that he always played as a striker is blatant revisionism. 

I'm not fooled by 4 or 5 games where he's actually put a few tackles in - he still can't pass more than five yards and his finishing is unacceptable for a professional footballer in any position at any higher level. 

Spot on.When he did play in the central striking ‘couldn’t give a fuck’ roll,he did find himself in his Hoffenheim position,wide-ish  left facing the opposition goal,and he was still utter shut.You play any footballer out of position,who take pride in their performance,and they’d show something.WTF did BUJ7 show as a central striker.He was an absolute laughing stock in English football.Unfortunately,we weren’t laughing at the £40m ‘couldn’t give a fuck’ ‘professional footballer’ .One good game in 89 appearances and all is forgotten.It’s bollocks.

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Spot on.When he did play in the central striking ‘couldn’t give a fuck’ roll,he did find himself in his Hoffenheim position,wide-ish  left facing the opposition goal,and he was still utter shut.You play any footballer out of position,who take pride in their performance,and they’d show something.WTF did BUJ7 show as a central striker.He was an absolute laughing stock in English football.Unfortunately,we weren’t laughing at the £40m ‘couldn’t give a fuck’ ‘professional footballer’ .One good game in 89 appearances and all is forgotten.It’s bollocks.

Right, I'm going to say this one last time. Joelinton gave a fuck. Anecdotally, empirically, ecumenically, he gave/gives a fuck.

So, now we've cleared that up, you can stop getting it wrong.

• Like 2

I love to hate Joelinton and have been as surprised as anyone around me in the stand how I've turned from screaming at him, to encouraging him and gushing everytime he comes to the touchline.

But the last couple of games he's slipped back to form imo... 

His strength and close footwork in the centre of the pitch are great - but that makes it even more inexcusable when he fuckin falls over , unchallenged, with a shot on in the box 4 minutes later.

17 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

You’re commenting on your 3 months as a toon supporter.

You're dribbling foetid bullshit from your endlessly yammering trap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Hey,apology accepted.If Wood fails to make the starting line up against Everton,or fails to impress during the game,we have the Brazilian ‘Wyn Davies’ to replace him.

If this is a passion of yours, try looking at this screen after you add one of your "turned his back, coward" posts to the thread. You'll see dozens of people who don't give the tiniest shit.

• 2 weeks later...

"Reinvented".

Whether that's down to Howe's / Tindall's insight, or sheer coincidental fortune after Clark got himself sent off against Norwich is open for debate, but he is developing into a work class midfielder who I think will soon see him picked for Brazil. He's looking every part the £40m player

Bruce would still be persisting with playing him up front, the clueless cunt.

We need just need TOT to up his game now and all of essembee’s player nicknames can be consigned to history. 

I can’t get my head around Joelinton  keeping Bruno out of the side. On merit too btw - I don’t see how you can drop him. But this is the same bloke who was rightly chastised for his first two seasons.

Love a redemption story.  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1