Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Maybe it's my general weariness and surrender to Ashley but I just couldn't give a fuck atm about this kid and Joe Linton. In fact I fear the worst as I reckon it'll not work out and we'll have three individuals with at least two not putting in the required graft and it being all Cabella/Thauvin again. Imagine if they had've let Rafa judge what the team/squad needed? (Amazing concept, I understand).

No mate you're excited about it all. The Chronicle said.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm torn with this if I'm honest.

We had a good front 3 last season, 2 of which were premier League tried and tested. Would have cost us £16mil to keep them together.

As it is we've spent £60mil to end up with a front 3 that have 0 premier League goals between them.

That said, they all look young, quick and skillful so potentially could be a cracking partnership. CM is going to have its hands full defending mind 

I agree with the point you're making but we haven't spent that much really have we.  You have to consider that we got £30m in for Perez.

If it wasn't for Ashley and it was Rafa making these signings I'm sure everyone would be licking their lips.  Lets face it, there wasn't a massive excitement around bringing Rondon in last season and before the last two or three months of the season there was a healthy portion of the support who's had more than enough of Perez. As things stand though, I know pretty much nothing about Joelinton or ASM.  The former seems to be highly rated but the later looks a lot like Adama Traore to me.  Hopefully not though. 

The sad thing is, the signings seem reasonable. We needed full backs, wingers and strikers, and if Rafa was here it would have been deemed a decent window. It's the Steve Bruce factor which still leaves a sour taste.

Viera, Arteta, Mourinho or anyone reasonably ambitious as manager and we would have a full house against Arsenal. 

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The sad thing is, the signings seem reasonable. We needed full backs, wingers and strikers, and if Rafa was here it would have been deemed a decent window. It's the Steve Bruce factor which still leaves a sour taste.

Viera, Arteta, Mourinho or anyone reasonably ambitious as manager and we would have a full house against Arsenal. 

From what I can gather from it Fat Mike just doesn't like to be told what to do and he spat the dummy out at the ambition of Benitez, looking at his track record and especially in business he wants to employ people he feels are inferior to him and are happy to toe the party line. Anyone that steps over the line is banished.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Who is going to take Perez's place in the #10 spot?  Or is Bruce going with two up front?

Almiron? 

Looks like something like that....

------------------Dubravka

Yedlin-----Schar-------Lascelles-----Willems/Dummett

--------------Hayden---------Longstaff/Shelvey

ASM------------------Almiron----------------Ritchie

-----------------------Joelinton

4 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Almiron? 

Looks like something like that....

------------------Dubravka

Yedlin-----Schar-------Lascelles-----Willems/Dummett

--------------Hayden---------Longstaff/Shelvey

ASM------------------Almiron----------------Ritchie

-----------------------Joelinton

There is only one asm on toontastic and it's not this Gucci fucker. Call him Allan 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

3 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

If nothing else I'm interested to see how the forward line works, even the most sceptical fan must admit the attack looks stronger than it did going into last season.

In what fucking way? Not a premier league goal between them ffs

You a fifa twitter bairn?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff