Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

That'll do for now. Let's hope they don't put their slippers on for the second half because we've form for it. If Oxford can do it, West Brom can. :1000 times bitten, twice shy: :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

That'll do for now. Let's hope they don't put their slippers on for the second half because we've form for it. If Oxford can do it, West Brom can. :1000 times bitten, twice shy: :lol:

Mystic Meg 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think against Sheffield he was a bit starved of the ball and didn't show us what he's capable of as he has done in other games. They need to keep feeding him a bit more so he can build on his performances.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye, hopefully he can put that poor performance behind him. :rolleyes: 

Didn't say he put in a poor performance, he can bring you to your feet with his skills but he needs to be fed the ball more often and I don't think he got that today.

I've been a bit worried from the start that he was just another Lualua but he seems to be having much more influence on games as the season has gone on.  His decision making seems to have improved too (a surprising positive for our coaching staff there?).  

I thought he was by far the best player on the pitch on Sunday.  I'm looking for him and Almiron to really use their pace and go at players for the rest of the season. I think defenders will really struggle against that after the long lay off.

The thing I like about him is his strength. He’s got all the tricks and the ability go past people but defenders really struggle to muscle him off the ball so I don’t mind it too much when he tries to dribble himself out of trouble in his own half. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 01:35, Dr Gloom said:

The thing I like about him is his strength. He’s got all the tricks and the ability go past people but defenders really struggle to muscle him off the ball so I don’t mind it too much when he tries to dribble himself out of trouble in his own half. 

Yep, this is why he is so good, strength, balance and explosive acceleration. Most others would go down and take their chances at winning a free-kick where-as he will keep his feet and the ball. Here's hoping he can form a good partnership with someone, on the surface I'm not sure we have the right player for that at the moment. It needs to be someone with a good footballing brain so that rules out many of our lot...