Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Friday, ahead of the club’s game against Manchester City, Howe said: “I saw the quotes and I spoke with Allan.

“I think I need to make this clear that Allan’s quotes didn’t come across in the way he meant them to.

“He was concerned yesterday. We spoke and in no way did he mean to damage the team and the unity we’ve built so of course he said things in an interview. It wasn’t in the context he meant, although it happened.

“We will be speaking with the squad and making sure there is no fallout because unity has been our strength and it’s vitally important that we keep that at all costs.”

Howe added that the Frenchman was unlikely to be disciplined for the interview.

He said: “I have accepted his explanation. It is very difficult when things are being translated from another language, that is always a slight concern. I was happy with Maxi’s explanation of it.

“Ideally I wouldn’t want any of my players speaking about anything other than themselves and their own career. I don’t think players need to talk about other players or other players from other clubs.

“I have no concerns over his mood. I don’t think I will be fining him for that situation. I think it’s more a case of education and making sure the players know what we expect.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:lol: Oldest trick in the book that, I don’t believe him tbh he’s talked about winning the Balon D’or one day so those quotes fit. Like Wykiki says too there’s not a whole lot of difference between what the original posts said and what he claims was meant, the end result is the same really even if he didn’t directly mention them. 

• Like 4

There's absolutely no denying his body language in recent weeks. It's absolutely in keeping with the 'misinterpretation'.

• Like 1

Anyway "if the players I was setting up were better I'd make more goals" fails miserably because:

a. The cunt never passes and b. When he does they go astray and c. It's not like he's making chances that are missed. 

So he's saying his non-existent passes would reach better players which is shite as its his responsibility to hit the players we do have. 

It's also not as if he made loads of goals for Wilson when we did have better than what we have now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He seems a canny enough lad but obviously likes smoke blew up his arse. Like Bruno he isn't shy but the minute you stop producing on the field it gets brought up in a negative way instead of the 'OMG! Have you seen ASM's tweet? Lol. The goat etc, etc' it becomes criticism. Yes we have limited players and unfortunately ASM can be both brilliant and limited in the same 90 minutes and sometimes the brilliance doesn't get an airing. NJS sums it up in a nutshell. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Craig said:

There's absolutely no denying his body language in recent weeks. It's absolutely in keeping with the 'misinterpretation'.

He was desperate to get substituted against Liverpool in the last quarter of the game. Constantly having a whinge to the bench about something or other. We were sat quite close to there and, like you say, his body language was poor. I said at the time that, if had a bit more about him character-wise, he’d be wanting to stay on and be the one who was the hero by getting / creating an equaliser 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

He was desperate to get substituted against Liverpool in the last quarter of the game. Constantly having a whinge to the bench about something or other. We were sat quite close to there and, like you say, his body language was poor. I said at the time that, if had a bit more about him character-wise, he’d be wanting to stay on and be the one who was the hero by getting / creating an equaliser 

That to me said he's been told he needs to buck his idea's up or fuck off.

On 06/05/2022 at 18:05, wykikitoon said:

That to me said he's been told he needs to buck his idea's up or fuck off.

FYP

• Haha 1

Alan Shearer on Saint-Maximin: 

"He had a look at Cancelo, he knew he was there, they had a warning and he does nothing about it and doesn't bother to go back in. He went to sleep."

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

ASM? it would take big bollocks, but if has the backing to properly replace him, why not? 

£40m in the coffers for ASM and Lingard in on a free makes sense. Provided Lingard is happy to play on the left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

£40m in the coffers for ASM and Lingard in on a free makes sense. Provided Lingard is happy to play on the left.

not sure about lingard. he's going to want a massive wedge

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rumour has it Villa are going to try getting Coutinho permanently with a £12m bid. Would love it if we steamed in with £20m and sold ASM for something similar.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Craig said:

Rumour has it Villa are going to try getting Coutinho permanently with a £12m bid. Would love it if we steamed in with £20m and sold ASM for something similar.

Video Ted GIF

On 06/05/2022 at 13:37, NJS said:

Anyway "if the players I was setting up were better I'd make more goals" fails miserably because:

a. The cunt never passes and b. When he does they go astray and c. It's not like he's making chances that are missed. 

So he's saying his non-existent passes would reach better players which is shite as its his responsibility to hit the players we do have. 

It's also not as if he made loads of goals for Wilson when we did have better than what we have now. 

Just some objective information courtesy of FBREF:

League wide he's;

15th for Shot Creating Actions per 90,

1st in dribbles that lead to a shot, 

14th for Key Passes,

20th in expected assists,

38th for assists,

46th for passes into the box,

1st for dribbled past players,

12th for progressive distance.

For NUFC;

Nobody creates more goal scoring opportunities for the team than ASM,

Nobody creates more good chances (xA) for teammates than ASM,

Nobody has more assists,

Only Guimaraes has more Shots on Target per 90 than ASM,

Nobody has a higher expected goal return than ASM (and he's scored more goals than expected too), 

Nobody has completed more passes into the box than ASM

Nobody has dribbled past more players than ASM (146), Joe Willock is next (39)

Nobody has more progressive distance than ASM (4901yds), Joelinton is next (2409yds)

So when he said he'd have more assists if he had better players to pass to.. well

sam-wilson-hes-out-of-line-but-hes-right

image.png

Edited by The Fish

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just some objective information courtesy of FBREF:

League wide he's;

15th for Shot Creating Actions per 90,

1st in dribbles that lead to a shot, 

14th for Key Passes,

20th in expected assists,

38th for assists,

46th for passes into the box,

1st for dribbled past players,

12th for progressive distance.

For NUFC;

Nobody creates more goal scoring opportunities for the team than ASM,

Nobody creates more good chances (xA) for teammates than ASM,

Nobody has more assists,

Only Guimaraes has more Shots on Target per 90 than ASM,

Nobody has a higher expected goal return than ASM (and he's scored more goals than expected too), 

Nobody has completed more passes into the box than ASM

Nobody has dribbled past more players than ASM (146), Joe Willock is next (39)

Nobody has more progressive distance than ASM (4901yds), Joelinton is next (2409yds)

So when he said he'd have more assists if he had better players to pass to.. well

sam-wilson-hes-out-of-line-but-hes-right

image.png

Alright Statto.

Football Memories on Twitter: "Statto, Fantasy Football League #FFL #BBC  #Presenters #Football https://t.co/xrDxw5n2Ji" / Twitter

9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Shots on target ffs :lol: Daisy cutters at 3mph from outside the box because he didn’t want to pass to a teammate 

With a higher xG, so that means it's not just daisy cutters but better than anyone else in the team.