Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

Just to make my point.  IMO Get shut of ASM as there is better out there.  Stats are useful and Dave clearly knows his bacon on that, but at the end of the day, it's played on a pitch and not a spreadsheet.

There, that's my last say.

Tbf we likely won’t ever have the intriguing, confusing, or hilarious windows like the will we won’t we loan Hamza Choudrey, Shefki Kuqi or Sibierski signing on the last day. We will probably just be effective and methodical in signing players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Tbf we likely won’t ever have the intriguing, confusing, or hilarious windows like the will we won’t we loan Hamza Choudrey, Shefki Kuqi or Sibierski signing on the last day. We will probably just be effective and methodical in signing players. 

Aye, sounds shit doesn’t it. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

“Does xG matter?” is this generation’s Viana as a DM debate 

We might need 8 more videos voiced by blokes that are likely called Tarquin Hesseltein to explain what it is. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Howay said:

three classics. Can’t decide which one was fine funniest. Probably Kuqi 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Miss J Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Aye but now he's not playing well and we have loadsa money so might as well hate him and desperately want him replaced.

:lol: Tbf I’ve went back and had a read and the mood turned against ASM when Clarko aka Mr Logic came on here like Scrappy Doo setting about the whole forum. 

• Haha 5

Yeah his spirit definitely lives on in this thread :lol:

I still like ASM tbh. Maybe he won't be good enough long term but he's easily someone we can go into next season with. Not an urgent replacement IMO. Striker and central defender for me. And a left back if we can't secure Targett - and in case Howe wants to do a version of Pardew's greatest hits.

• Like 2

ASM generally seems like a sound lad, he gets the club and the region but of all the great, mecurial French wingers we have had who don’t like to track back, he is also the least productive in goals and assists, and unfortunately there is a reason for that, no matter how much the championship manger supporters point at xWHATEVERS!

He won’t be happy sitting on the bench and a season of being second fiddle to someone else will just erode his current value, so this summer is the right time to move him on.

We are also going to need generated funds to stay within FFP rules and the other dross we need rid of will not earn the club buttons, so it is best to move Maxi on now, when he is at his most valuable. 

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Pardew's greatest hits.

In 4… Donna from Elswick. 
B0-U5WFIUAAtlb7.jpg

“ Ewww! Grey pubes! No thanks Grandad!”

In 3. Tracey, Sharon and Karen

C0Sl521XcAAlo3I.jpg

“ Welcome to Greys Club!”

In 2 Kelly, Kay and Claire…

pards2%20_nq32lg.jpg

He’s gone for the canon Steve, sink the brown off the pink! 

In 1 School’s out! 
pardew.JPG?width=1200

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Just to make my point.  IMO Get shut of ASM as there is better out there.  Stats are useful and Dave clearly knows his bacon on that, but at the end of the day, it's played on a pitch and not a spreadsheet.

Season 9 What GIF by The Office

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Aye but now he's not playing well and we have loadsa money so might as well hate him and desperately want him replaced.

OR
Maybe it's a hand picked comments from when we had an owner who couldn't give a flying fuck and a manager who was the same?  Like I have said and others.  ASM under Bruce was a bit of hope.  Since Howe has come in, has he upped his game?  Has his attitude changed?  

Don't at me @RobinRobin:lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

three classics. Can’t decide which one was fine funniest. Probably Kuqi 

Let’s not forget signing an out of contract Bernard the day after the window closed. Did he make a single appearance for the first team after that? More chance of Jimmy Bullard buying one of his crepes than that signing working out 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

OR
Maybe it's a hand picked comments from when we had an owner who couldn't give a flying fuck and a manager who was the same?  Like I have said and others.  ASM under Bruce was a bit of hope.  Since Howe has come in, has he upped his game?  Has his attitude changed?  

Who Me GIF - Who Me Bryan Cranston - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

OR

I think anyone who follows the club would be justified in having a completely different view of ASM to that which they had a couple of years ago. Especially given his performances, effort and general attitude of late ;) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Let’s not forget signing an out of contract Bernard the day after the window closed. Did he make a single appearance for the first team after that? More chance of Jimmy Bullard buying one of his crepes than that signing working out 

Facundo Ferreyra

The prosecution rests.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Facundo Ferreyra

The prosecution rests.

Didn’t he say the PL was too physical for him or whatever? How the fuck would he know? 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

In a similar spirit;

I don't care if he stays or goes. He's our most creative, most unpredictable, biggest threat, by a mile. He's our least reliable, most frustrating, biggest liability, by a mile.

There are better players out there in his position who we could get with the kind of funds his sale + our wealth allow.

His position is not the priority for this upcoming window and better players in other positions would have a greater impact on our fortunes next season.

• Like 5

He's pretty much amongst the absolute best in the world at beating a man with the ball, but he's also one of the laziest defensive players ever. I like him and want him to do well but really there is no excuse for not putting the defensive effort in. If he has aspirations to be world class then that’s the first thing he needs to fix. We can carry a player who runs hot and cold in attack if they're at least doing their part defensively.

• Like 1