Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

He also put a perfect ball on to Longstaff’s head, which was put wide. I think Longstaff would have been marginally offside anyway but I liked how he went on the outside occasionally and put it in on his left for once 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The "6 chances created" is simply that 6 of his passes lead to a shot. 

His xA was 1.2, which is very, very good. He had Dalot on toast, but also contributed to the defensive side of things. His decision making was much better, but he still drove inside too often, for my liking. I'm convinced he could have gone wide, dragging at least Dalot with him, leaving fewer defenders in their box.

It was a very good display in a game of very good displays. 

He, like Longstaff, are players who will likely be moved on or pushed further down the pecking order if we get Champions League football. But he's an attacking threat in more games than he isn't, and he's adding more to his game with every fixture. No, he'll not be dancing through 4 defenders to score a Ben Arfa, because we don't play that way any more. Even in this game, he had several opportunities where once he'd shoot, but instead he chose the higher value pass. Several of those passes could have resulted in a goal, all of them were more likely to result in a goal than him taking the shot. 

I like him and there are few players in the league that are more likely to get you out of your seat as frequently as he is. I'll love him until long after he leaves, and I'll defend him til he's dead.

Wooooah there spreadsheet dude, what is this xA of which you speak?? 🤔😧

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think you’re right but he’s possibly on trial.. at the end of the season it’ll be a cost/benefit analysis….did he do enough or will the FFP factor mean the club can do more with his transfer fee and wages?… 🤔

i think we could get £30-40m for him, if we’re lucky, which isn’t loads in today’s market and his wages probably aren’t anywhere near as big as it would take to get someone like Diaby in. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He also put a perfect ball on to Longstaff’s head, which was put wide. I think Longstaff would have been marginally offside anyway but I liked how he went on the outside occasionally and put it in on his left for once 

If he’d been a few inches further back, he’d have been onside. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Wooooah there spreadsheet dude, what is this xA of which you speak?? 🤔😧

Don't make me say it.

Leave Me Alone Denny GIF by The Room

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The "6 chances created" is simply that 6 of his passes lead to a shot. 

His xA was 1.2, which is very, very good. He had Dalot on toast, but also contributed to the defensive side of things. His decision making was much better, but he still drove inside too often, for my liking. I'm convinced he could have gone wide, dragging at least Dalot with him, leaving fewer defenders in their box.

It was a very good display in a game of very good displays. 

He, like Longstaff, are players who will likely be moved on or pushed further down the pecking order if we get Champions League football. But he's an attacking threat in more games than he isn't, and he's adding more to his game with every fixture. No, he'll not be dancing through 4 defenders to score a Ben Arfa, because we don't play that way any more. Even in this game, he had several opportunities where once he'd shoot, but instead he chose the higher value pass. Several of those passes could have resulted in a goal, all of them were more likely to result in a goal than him taking the shot. 

I like him and there are few players in the league that are more likely to get you out of your seat as frequently as he is. I'll love him until long after he leaves, and I'll defend him til he's dead.

He’s shit. Get rid

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Harsh that Gloom, but tbf every time he appears arguments erupt immediately :cuppa:

No they don't.

• Haha 4

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Yes they fucking do. Can you not get that through your thick skull? 

You sit right there, I'm going to spend the next 55 minutes describing in great detail why you're wrong and I'm going to back it up with impenetrable mathematics. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

You sit right there, I'm going to spend the next 55 minutes describing in great detail why you're wrong and I'm going to back it up with impenetrable mathematics. 

Waiting GIF

• Haha 2