Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

30 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

It's nice to know his correct name is starting to sink in subconsciously. 

The headless chook has scored one goal for us (a tap in) thanks to the good work of the Lord Allan (Probably felt sorry for him).

image.png.be0e0e61135f05bdbb938b727ecf4fad.png

This flop is in the bottom percentile for practically everything, jesus christ thats hard reading. 

Stinking the place OUT.

John Witherspoon Funk GIF

I'm going to go with Eddie Howe's opinion on this.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

The headless chook has scored one goal for us (a tap in) thanks to the good work of the Lord Allan (Probably felt sorry for him).

Teammate passes to teammate in team sport shocker 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

ASM’s going to have to play more than two games in a row without picking up another soft tissue injury to be taken seriously though. 

This is it with ASM for me now, he has completed 90 minutes just five times this season, and four of those were before the world cup.

His attitude has remained good but if that changes he very quickly becomes not worth it with that record.

• Like 2

IMO He's gone this summer or he best get his best padded pants on to warm that bench.

His work rate has improved a lot.  But his turn of pace isn't there and his positioning off the ball is shocking. 

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This is it with ASM for me now, he has completed 90 minutes just five times this season, and four of those were before the world cup.

His attitude has remained good but if that changes he very quickly becomes not worth it with that record.

Yeah, it’s not meant as a dig it’s just the way I think everyone needs to look at it imo. Really good assists / goals to minutes in the pitch ratios are promising but ultimately not much good if he can’t stay fit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

maxresdefault.jpg

On 27/07/2022 at 00:10, The Fish said:

Player of the year:- Allan Saint-Fucking-Maximin because fuck the fucking lot of you, football is the fucking beautiful game not the fucking 'Eee doesn't he track back well' game!! 

You've changed.

Used to be a man of principle.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

You've changed.

Used to be a man of principle.

I love him, I want to watch him play football. But 

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
22/23 Hamstring Injury Apr 6, 2023 May 5, 2023 29 days 5Newcastle United
22/23 Ill Jan 6, 2023 Jan 9, 2023 3 days 1Newcastle United
22/23 Muscle Injury Oct 14, 2022 Oct 26, 2022 12 days 3Newcastle United
22/23 Hamstring Injury Aug 29, 2022 Oct 5, 2022 37 days 4Newcastle United
21/22 Ill Mar 7, 2022 Mar 12, 2022 5 days 1Newcastle United
21/22 Knock Feb 14, 2022 Mar 4, 2022 18 days 2Newcastle United
21/22 Calf Injury Dec 28, 2021 Jan 5, 2022 8 days -
20/21 Groin Injury Feb 28, 2021 Apr 4, 2021 35 days 4Newcastle United
20/21 Calf Injury Nov 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2021 61 days 11Newcastle United
20/21 Ankle Injury Sep 21, 2020 Oct 1, 2020 10 days 3Newcastle United
19/20 Hamstring Injury Dec 9, 2019 Jan 17, 2020 39 days 8Newcastle United
19/20 Thigh Muscle Strain Sep 22, 2019 Sep 28, 2019 6 days -
19/20 Hamstring Injury Aug 26, 2019 Sep 20, 2019 25 days 3Newcastle United
19/20 Hamstring Injury Aug 12, 2019 Aug 24, 2019 12 days 1Newcastle United
  • Like 1

When I joined @nufc in 2019, nobody understood my choice. I always believed in this club, as soon as I step onto the pitch, the fans directly adopted me. 🖤🤍
Since then there has been highs and lows, when we were in the relegation zone, but I always believed in the team and trusted the project even if it was hard to stay in the PL, I knew that the club deserved much better and we had to prove it 🤝 I gave everything on the pitch to keep the team at the highest level. I am grateful that some people remember that. When the club has been bought by the new owners, the fans finally got what they deserved! I want really want to thank all of my best supporters for supporting & believing in me, it’s because of you that I wake up everyday more determined than ever 🫶🏾 but even the people that criticize when it’s fair, because sometimes the negative is beneficial to get up 🚀 I always tried my best to help the club in the best way possible, even by playing injured… This year has been one of the most difficult year emotionally, you are not able to know that as I keep personal things for myself, but I lost some really important people, and that is nothing compared to all the things that happened in my life this year… But I always tried to be present on the pitch and give everything. I am so proud of the team and that we achieved the 🆑. I am now entering a turning point in my career and I will give everything until the end to achieve my dreams 🦾It’s often said that human beings forget quickly, but me I won’t be able to forget everyone that love me for who I am and believe in me in difficult moments, it’s in these hard situations that we see the real supporters. Thanks to everyone for the support, whatever happens, I will always give everything when I have the chance to step onto the pitch Thanks God for everything ✝️ 🕊️

By the sounds of this he's on his way. 

• Like 1

I somewhat hope he leaves the PL, if as seems likely that insta message was a goodbye, so he doesn't have his inevitable worldy games against us twice a season, but if we're going to get the best fee for him it will likely be a PL team who can afford it. 

18 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

When I joined @nufc in 2019, nobody understood my choice. I always believed in this club, as soon as I step onto the pitch, the fans directly adopted me. 🖤🤍
Since then there has been highs and lows, when we were in the relegation zone, but I always believed in the team and trusted the project even if it was hard to stay in the PL, I knew that the club deserved much better and we had to prove it 🤝 I gave everything on the pitch to keep the team at the highest level. I am grateful that some people remember that. When the club has been bought by the new owners, the fans finally got what they deserved! I want really want to thank all of my best supporters for supporting & believing in me, it’s because of you that I wake up everyday more determined than ever 🫶🏾 but even the people that criticize when it’s fair, because sometimes the negative is beneficial to get up 🚀 I always tried my best to help the club in the best way possible, even by playing injured… This year has been one of the most difficult year emotionally, you are not able to know that as I keep personal things for myself, but I lost some really important people, and that is nothing compared to all the things that happened in my life this year… But I always tried to be present on the pitch and give everything. I am so proud of the team and that we achieved the 🆑. I am now entering a turning point in my career and I will give everything until the end to achieve my dreams 🦾It’s often said that human beings forget quickly, but me I won’t be able to forget everyone that love me for who I am and believe in me in difficult moments, it’s in these hard situations that we see the real supporters. Thanks to everyone for the support, whatever happens, I will always give everything when I have the chance to step onto the pitch Thanks God for everything ✝️ 🕊️

By the sounds of this he's on his way. 

• Haha 2

I was still hoping that we would get to see the best of Maxi, sorting his injury/personal problems out and being a threat for us either starting or off the bench. Be sad to see him go as he was the shining light in those dark Bruce days. Unplayable on his best days, unrecognisable on his worst. He'll have a cemented place in our history just as some of his compatriots have done over the years. 

• Like 3

Milan would suit ASM down to the ground.

Would be a shame for last season to be his last season here, ending with a whimper so to speak. 

Him and Wilson are basically responsible for keeping us up the season before we were taken over, which I'll always appreciate him for, but if he doesn't work for the manager now then off he goes.

• Like 4

People in the comments are saying that clip is from January. Although I suppose if they were interested then they might still be interested now. Saying that Leao just signed a new contract and plays the same position. Italian teams don't exactly have the same money as PL teams in terms of paying tens of millions for players who aren't starting. 

Is it just me or is 30mill really low in the current market? Look at the Mudryk money, for example. There are surrounding circumstances, of course, but I don't see how they could equate for a difference of 3x in price between them. 

A contributing factor must be that Maxi is forcing his way out. The "Love yous all!" sentiment of his post would suggest that he wants to preserve his legacy in leaving amicably. And fair play to him. I don't doubt that (if he can stay fit) he could be a star player for some very reasonable teams around the world. I would've hoped, however, that ASM could have kept his ego in check and kept mum so that the club could seek the best price for him without letting the cat out of the bag that he so desperately wants to jump ship. The best way for ASM to 'thank the fans' would be to say nothing, be sold for absolutely the most we can get for him, then come out with the "Thank you everyone!" message to the fans. Doing it this way appears to give some leverage to his agent and potential buyers (and for that I think the answer to the question is presented to us in that ASM's message is self-serving). Again. Fair play to him. But I'd have preferred a different approach for the club's benefit (particularly if he truly believes he owes us his gratitude). Nevertheless, we undoubtedly owe him our gratitude, so I'm not sour about it or anything. It just seems the sentiment of the message doesn't quite cohere to the realities of the business of it.

As for the transfer business, we certainly will struggle to replace him like-for-like at the current price being touted. But with left-wing being a particular strong point in the squad it does seem that we may have already signed his replacement in Gordon (at least in Howe's summation). So, if we go into the market for a winger, then it'll likely be for a right winger to add quality and depth on that side of the pitch, too. Regardless, it definitely gives us more options to spend in other areas of the squad to make the team better overall without necessarily having to replace ASM, per se.

On an even brighter note, re: transfer fee, it is undoubtedly the case that ASM has really struggled for any consistent fitness, so perhaps selling a (soon-to-be) crock for 30mill is good business. It would seem plausible that his fitness issues will not get better over time. So, maybe getting rid now is the best time to do it, before his injuries and career decline further in subsequent seasons. And on the brightest note of all, LTA will now have to find redemption in learning to love our moustache donning left-wing maestro, one, Anthony Gordon -- or Flash, as I'm sure his friends and family call him. Same number of goals in half a season as ASM's full season tally, after all, so the replacement already looks like a wonderful success story.

• Like 2