Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, toonotl said:

And on the brightest note of all, LTA will now have to find redemption in learning to love our moustache donning left-wing maestro, one, Anthony Gordon -- or Flash, as I'm sure his friends and family call him. Same number of goals in half a season as ASM's full season tally, after all, so the replacement already looks like a wonderful success story.

The HC is going on loan to a Turkish team at the end of the 23/24 season

You are, without a doubt, one of the most gentle people that I have ever met in the world of football. You have been a man of your word, a caring man and a fair man who never hesitated to protect us. I will never forget how you treated me, for that I will be forever grateful.

It has been an honour and a privilege to have you as a coach, thank you Steve

Shut It On Your Way Out Card | Scribbler

• Haha 6

image.png.516ace673838e1404bd616eb26ba6828.png

image.png.c4811fe1d845d5e673ccda4a5f5eeff7.png 

Did I miss? The rare triple post. Tell me you're rattled without telling me you're rattled. :lol:

Edited by toonotl
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Absolute NONSENSE being spouted here.

ASM is going NOWHERE.

He's just an absolute GENT and sharing love with the fans.

Going NOWHERE.

Shut the fuck up carnts.

• Haha 4

I wouldn't say anyone seemed particularly happy about the idea of ASM going, Dougles very good point about rimming Brucey when he left aside.

But it would be good for the meltdown :lol:

• Haha 3

From a FFP POV it would make sense. His book value is around £6m so we could bank a £24m profit if he goes for £30m. Though that figure does seem a bit low to me but isn't helped by his injury record.

I would give him another season personally. He’s coming into his prime years and was v unlucky last season with injuries but showed signs he was adapting to Howe’s system. His chances created stats per 90 are along the best in Europe. 

We’re going to need a much bigger squad for champions league and he tends to raise his game for the bigger opposition. 

However, if we do need the balance the books ahead of a summer splurge he is one of the few Ashley legacy players we could get £30-40m for. 

I’d probably let him go next summer if he spends another season in the treatment room. Whatever you think about him as a player, his injury record is a concern. There’s also the fact he isn’t really an Eddie Howe player. He has to curb the things that make him brilliant to fit into Howe’s system.

In fact, there were times last season when I wanted him to be more like the old maxi and beat his man instead of playing the percentages. He might just be better suited to playing for a different team. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would give him another season personally. He’s coming into his prime years and was v unlucky last season with injuries

He wasn't unlucky last season, he generally misses 10+ matches through injury most seasons. And another problem is that when he comes back from injury it takes him a while to get up to speed.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He wasn't unlucky last season, he generally misses 10+ matches through injury most seasons. And another problem is that when he comes back from injury it takes him a while to get up to speed.

I haven’t got his appearance stats to hand but it felt like he missed many more games than in previous seasons 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah. Not saying it’s his fault but him being unavailable for a large chunk of the season is standard

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I haven’t got his appearance stats to hand but it felt like he missed many more games than in previous seasons 

19/20 - 11 games injured

20/21 - 13 games injured

21/22 - 3 games injured

22/23 - 12 games injured

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Youre right, but it's because he wasnt an autotmatic pick when fit this season, so he missed more games than he would have before.

• Like 1

He appeared in 25 games last season. 10 fewer than the previous one 

12 games “injured” isn’t that bad but then he isn’t being picked when he returns straight away because he still isn’t fit enough (or good enough) to play the way Howe wants them to play. 

when he has played this season, he has been effective. this is supported up by his stats , which are good, despite the lack of game time.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 09.47.06.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Either injured or not good enough. Sounds like someone we should sell.

i think he has been good enough, when selected. the problem is his lack of fitness, and howe not trusting him to play his way when he's been returning from injury. 

i can see arguments for keeping and for letting him go. i think he'd be a good wild card squad option for a champions league campaign. he will relish playing in those games, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's the one we cash in on. 

the other one could be miggy. i'd also like him to stay, but are we ever going to get a better price for him at 29 after the season he just had? he was instrumental in leading the press last season but if someone came in with 20-30m for him, it would be hard to turn down

• Like 1

The way I look at it, if we've got saleable assets that we aren't sure about, we have to just be ruthless and they have to go. We'll never progress to the next level if we have a policy of giving people another season. It's obviously not as black and white as that, some players will require longer bedding in time, but I think Howe now knows bother the upper and lower limits of ASM's abilities.

Miggy is a different story, cos whilst he's horribly one footed and doesn't score much outside of insane purple patches, he can put in game changing / points-protecting shifts because of his insane energy and ability to disrupt the opposition. Even when he's not scoring or having a particularly good day.

With ASM, if he isn't having a good day, you're borderline a man down and that will cost us points. I'll be sad to see him go and I hope he's a huge success as long as he moves outside the PL.

• Like 5
  • Jaysus... 1

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He appeared in 25 games last season. 10 fewer than the previous one 

12 games “injured” isn’t that bad but then he isn’t being picked when he returns straight away because he still isn’t fit enough (or good enough) to play the way Howe wants them to play. 

Missing 32% of the season isn't that bad?

When Howe gave him a chance he did give him a run of games, until he got injured again. That’s overwhelmingly his main issue. I would like to see him succeed because he offers something different. But the temptation to sell because of the FFP implications would see him leave for anything in the region if £25m I reckon. It’s not like in the past where we might’ve sold and not reinvested. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Missing 32% of the season isn't that bad?

missing 12 games due to injury isn’t that bad if you play the rest of them. 

• Like 1