Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Where have these rating comes from? A box of fucking Cornflakes.

Some of the drivel on here (from the same people too)... Since their invention in 1894, they’ve been at worst, the 5th best cereal in the bowl based on the WhoGivesAShit ratings provided and they did that whilst arguably tasting like sugared cardboard. 
Do not question my statistics/authoritaay again. 

• Haha 3

1st ranked driveler this season and he’s only been here a few days. He’s been at least one of the top two drivelers in every forum he’s been at since the 2009-2010 season. In that time many top drivelers have came and gone but none have been able to match his consistency 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

1st ranked driveler this season and he’s only been here a few days. He’s been at least one of the top two drivelers in every forum he’s been at since the 2009-2010 season. In that time many top drivelers have came and gone but none have been able to match his consistency 

Can confirm this as I spotted it on Chatshitstats.com. :good:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Clarko said:

No... At his best (19/20 season) he was rated the 15th best player that season...

1. De Bruyne
  2. Pereira 
  3. Traore
  4. Mahrez
  5. Mane
  6. Salah
  7. Sterling
  8. Rashford
  9. Maddison
  10. Kane
  11. van Dijk
  12. Martial
  13. Willian
  14. Antonio
  15. Saint-Maximin

The bar has been set pretty low, but I have no idea how you managed to misinterpret a set of lists that poorly.

Is that from the clarko official rating archives?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clarko said:

Some of the drivel on here (from the same people too)... Since he's been here, he's been at worst, the 25th best player in the league based on the WhoScored ratings provided and he did that at arguably the worst performing team in the league.

19/20:

I think you'll find that in the 19/20 season nufc finished in 13th position.

that means that while 12 teams in the league performed better than us, SEVEN didn't. you can argue all you like about this (and I'm sure you will) but it will remain an undeniable fact.

furthermore, of those seven teams, three of them, bournemouth watford and norwich performed that much worse than we did that they went and got themselves relegated. silly, silly football teams.

for such a keen statistician I'm a little disappointed you've managed to overlook this, but hey, we all make mistakes.

• Haha 6

I don't get it, ASM is widely praised for his attacking talent, and justifiably criticised for his defensive limitations. Is Clarko upset that we're not giving him enough credit for his attacking, and too much criticism for his defending? 

If that's the case then I've some awful news for him, people's opinions can differ and you're not going to get homogeny.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't get it, ASM is widely praised for his attacking talent, and justifiably criticised for his defensive limitations. Is Clarko upset that we're not giving him enough credit for his attacking, and too much criticism for his defending? 

If that's the case then I've some awful news for him, people's opinions can differ and you're not going to get homogeny.

Grounded for New Years Eve

• Haha 5

What I don't get about Clarko in particular, is what his overall view of the club is - so like, we understand that ASM is a great player - something that literally no one disagreed with but nevermind - and we understand that his view is Ashley spent properly on the club and that he would have Shelvey's babies, but is his agenda here simply picking fights with people over specific points, i.e. another contrarian; or is it something else? The only other thing I can imagine is he's anti-takeover and trying to demonstrate to us that Ashley wasn't so bad cos look, he bought ASM and our Lord and Saviour Jonjo Shelvey.

Would be good to just get those cards on the table so that we can at least understand the overall narrative behind the comments. What do you think of where we are as a club, @Clarko

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What I don't get about Clarko in particular, is what his overall view of the club is - so like, we understand that ASM is a great player - something that literally no one disagreed with but nevermind - and we understand that his view is Ashley spent properly on the club and that he would have Shelvey's babies, but is his agenda here simply picking fights with people over specific points, i.e. another contrarian; or is it something else? The only other thing I can imagine is he's anti-takeover and trying to demonstrate to us that Ashley wasn't so bad cos look, he bought ASM and our Lord and Saviour Jonjo Shelvey.

Would be good to just get those cards on the table so that we can at least understand the overall narrative behind the comments. What do you think of where we are as a club, @Clarko

he's a pedantic twat?

• Like 2

Clarko is misunderstood. He's making a long and detailed ironic demonstration on the uselessness of statistics in order to thoroughly embarrass The Fish into abandoning his hardline approach to conversations based around logic and numbers in favour of an approach akin to a Romantics' sense for the poetic. Clarko is the man above a sea of fog. Unfortunately for Clarko, the Fish cannot be embarrassed on account of his lack of a limbic system. So, we have ourselves an ol' fashion standoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Please stop 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I think you'll find that in the 19/20 season nufc finished in 13th position.

that means that while 12 teams in the league performed better than us, SEVEN didn't. you can argue all you like about this (and I'm sure you will) but it will remain an undeniable fact.

furthermore, of those seven teams, three of them, bournemouth watford and norwich performed that much worse than we did that they went and got themselves relegated. silly, silly football teams.

for such a keen statistician I'm a little disappointed you've managed to overlook this, but hey, we all make mistakes.

That's why I used the word 'arguably', against you, I could argue that the world is flat and win.

2 hours ago, toonotl said:

Clarko is misunderstood. He's making a long and detailed ironic demonstration on the uselessness of statistics in order to thoroughly embarrass The Fish into abandoning his hardline approach to conversations based around logic and numbers in favour of an approach akin to a Romantics' sense for the poetic. Clarko is the man above a sea of fog. Unfortunately for Clarko, the Fish cannot be embarrassed on account of his lack of a limbic system. So, we have ourselves an ol' fashion standoff.

You should go back and read the "debate" on Jonjo Shelvey.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

What I don't get about Clarko in particular, is what his overall view of the club is - so like, we understand that ASM is a great player - something that literally no one disagreed with but nevermind

'How long does ASM keep his spot in the first team under a new gaffer?  Last two games since the kindest cuddliest sole he's ever met has left he's been way off.  I would start Miggy over ASM v Chelsea.'

'He has been shite, but I'll forgive him for all the hope he gave us during bruceball. '

'If a manager comes in who likes to press from the front, which I believe both Farve and Fonseca do, then you might be surprised how often ASM finds himself on the bench. Almiron would be the first name on the sheet in the aforementioned scenario. ASM might find himself relegated to only playing against teams in the bottom half of the table, and as an impact sub.'

'But works more than ASM.  As soon as the dummy is out with ASM he does absolutely fuck all.'

'It's a few weeks out of date but this shows just how little he presses.'

'I won't really mind that tbh, ASM is a massive talent, but the best teams usually rely on quick passing, not one man trying to beat the whole team by himself. He was perfect for Bruce, who doesn't really do team planning anyway, but to get to the next level he'll have to fit into a team system. He would never last long with Rafa for example, with those pressing stats. Or if he turned up to training when he felt like it.'

'I'd like to see a stat on how often we concede after he's lost the ball after one of his mazy runs. Obviously he quite often produces something that leads to a goal, but does he contribute more than he makes us vulnerable to counter attack. But look, he along with Wilson are our best players, so we can't be too picky until we start bringing players in.'

'Christ. so he barely presses and is only behind Zaha in losing the ball. That's the problem with players like ASM, It's very difficult to play in a structured way in and out of possession if you have a player who, again doesn't press, and loses the ball constantly. You basically have to build the team around them, and I don't think ASM has shown the consistency in order to make that worthwhile.'

Un huh...