Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Anyone see the Everton v Spurs game.  Apparently Gomes suffered a nasty injury.  Son challenged him apparently, saw the injury and burst into tears.  Well, that's what his eyes looked like.

Ref was gonna give yellow, VAR told him it was red?

In VAR's opinion it was a red. I thought VAR dealt in facts. 

VAR: brought in to help refs but has actually made them worse. I was against it in principle and wondered how such a faff would work in practice. I notice as it's got worse this season @Andrew has been on here less and less....."quelle fuckin surprise" as they say roond oor wey...  :cuppa:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

There was always going to be issues with it and it needs some time to settle in, that may take a few seasons.  But some of it is baffling what the fuck is going on.

The issue is the European leagues all conform to the same standards with VAR. The final decision stands with the ref who views replays on a pitch side monitor.

The Premier League think they are Billy big bollocks and made up their own VAR rules which are shit and don't work 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

VAR: brought in to help refs but has actually made them worse. I was against it in principle and wondered how such a faff would work in practice. I notice as it's got worse this season @Andrew has been on here less and less....."quelle fuckin surprise" as they say roond oor wey...  :cuppa:

It's making ref's very lazy indeed.

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I've been to France. 

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Its definitely VAR thats done it, not total footballing apathy :razz: 

KD is right anyway, VAR at the world cup and in europe is doing fine, the PL (initials a coincidence? I think NOT!) have implemented it in a nonsensical way.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What the fuck is the point in games like this?

Kane now has more England goals than Shearer but isn’t half the player.

Im sure when the Montenegrin lads go back to graft theyll have some nice stories to tell but....meh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

What the fuck is the point in games like this?

Kane now has more England goals than Shearer but isn’t half the player.

Im sure when the Montenegrin lads go back to graft theyll have some nice stories to tell but....meh.

The Montenegro right winger is laying my new drive next week.

• Meenzer changed the title to Other games 2019/2020/2021