Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

16 minutes ago, sammynb said:

PL the tech is here to stay so just make it work and take the stupid human "interpretation" element out of it.

Definitive rule, the watch buzzes it's offside, blow the whistle, move on.

None of this but his left pinky is offside shite. 

I get what you're saying but you'd still be getting pulled for your eyelash being ahead of the last defender. That's not what offside is about. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I get what you're saying but you'd still be getting pulled for your eyelash being ahead of the last defender. That's not what offside is about. 

You're either on or you're off. It's the only way to apply the rule consistently. You can't say oh he's off but we'll just ignore it because it's close. 

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Except it wasn't. They made massive fuck ups and everybody screamed for VAR every time they were on the receiving end of one.

Don't put words into my mouth old son. Look at the thread I started when this was announced. 

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You're either on or you're off. It's the only way to apply the rule consistently. You can't say oh he's off but we'll just ignore it because it's close. 

No you trust the people who got 92% of decisions correct. Then you get on with the game. You don't stand around at the match for ages wondering what the fuck is going on. 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Don't put words into my mouth old son. Look at the thread I started when this was announced. 

I don't need to. People are just twisting on because calls that linesmen were previously unable to make are now being made, when they should be lauding the improved accuracy and consistency. The technology needs to improve to reduce margin for error. A better fps rate will sort that out. And they need to work on making calls faster. These are teething issues.

18 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Going off players feet instead of various body parts would reduce the need to draw vertical lines and thus make calls much faster. Better fps. Screens around stadiums. Sorted. I've sorted VAR out.

Agree with that approach. This parts of the body thing is silly 

• Like 1

Just seen the West Ham highlights for yesterday. They are taking the piss now. 

Noble kicks the ground, falls over and VAR refuse to overturn the penalty

Then

Cresswell 2 foots a player and gets a red card, commentators agree it's the right decision. VAR then makes the ref give him a yellow instead

• Meenzer changed the title to Other games 2019/2020/2021