Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

A decent manager would look at that result and really go for it at Burnley on Sunday, alas given Bruce's obfuscation when asked about Shearer's comments about having a go hint otherwise. Of course Bruce could just be playing his cards close to his chest and he will surprise us, or not.

That was just kick in the bollocks type of result I was hoping for, for Fulham. Losing to a last minute goal is arguably as bad or worse than just being stuffed five or six.

So Shearer isn’t interested in defending because he was a striker. Bruce shot himself in his front foot there.

If we weren’t just playing for draws we could really go for it in the next two games and take huge steps towards safety. We won’t though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Massive result for us. 3 points ahead fulham with two games in hand. It’d take quite the fuck up from here. 

You need to go knock on a forest after that comment. 😉

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Oh, we’re definitely capable 

I don't doubt it, in fact I think we're so close to being bad enough to do just that, that your comment has likely tipped the balance for us getting relegated. It goes Ashley, Bruce, the players, then you 😐 😂

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Massive result for us. 3 points ahead fulham with two games in hand. It’d take quite the fuck up from here. 

Nailed on that Bruce is now thinking that a point would be a fantastic result tonight.

• Like 1

If Fulham can stay up by beating us in the final game I have no confidence in our ability to not lose. We need to be 4 points clear of them going into it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It would take the sort of run of form we’ve had over the last 20 games or so

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It would take the sort of run of form we’ve had over the last 20 games or so

They’ve only won 5 all season. It’ll be an impressive implosion even by our standards 

2 hours ago, OTF said:

If Fulham can stay up by beating us in the final game I have no confidence in our ability to not lose. We need to be 4 points clear of them going into it.

And even that mightn’t be enough for a Steve Bruce side.

• Haha 6

I might have to revise my opinion on us having a decent shout of a result against West Ham next week, if Lingard keeps up this form. It would make for some suitably odd symmetry if we did beat West Ham to more or less guarantee our safety, after beating them first game of the season. 

Edited by Polarboy