Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

538 has us with a 14% chance of relegation, Fulham 82%, WBA 97% and sheffield >99%.

Mind, they have Brighton at 1% and Burnley at 5%, I think that's a little generous.

Brighton have Chelsea, Sheffield, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, Man City and Arsenal. I'd say it's only 3-5pts from those.

Burnley have Man Utd, Wolves, West Ham, Fulham, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield. 6-8pts?

We have West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheffield, Fulham. 4-8pts?

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

538 has us with a 14% chance of relegation, Fulham 82%, WBA 97% and sheffield >99%.

Mind, they have Brighton at 1% and Burnley at 5%, I think that's a little generous.

Brighton have Chelsea, Sheffield, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, Man City and Arsenal. I'd say it's only 3-5pts from those.

Burnley have Man Utd, Wolves, West Ham, Fulham, Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield. 6-8pts?

We have West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheffield, Fulham. 4-8pts?

Where are you getting 8 points from?

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Where are you getting 8 points from?

6 from Sheffield and Fulham, 2 from WHam, Arsenal, or Leicester. 

Especially if their positions are all but confirmed by the time we meet the latter two. Going to be interesting to see if there's a big performance drop off for teams with nowt to play for, in front of empty stadiums. 

32 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

West Ham will have our pants down. It’ll be over by half time considering how completely lost we looked against Burnley of all teams.

Definitely, unlike Burnley they actually have strikers that know how to finish their dinner.

Aye, I can't see anything but a comfortable win for them. They're in good form, Lingard won't have to break sweat to avoid Shelvey, him and Bowen will have a field day against us.

This season’s CL semi final is going to be like having to chose between Covid-19, cancer, bubonic plague and aids as the most favourable disease.

Edited by Isegrim

On 13/04/2021 at 13:00, The Fish said:

I do like 538 stats and those are pretty promising. They're like bookie numbers without the over-round and the "implied" aspect of probability.

That said if there's one man who make a proper cunt of those numbers it's Steve Bruce.

Edited by Blastronaut
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

I do like 538 stats and those are pretty promising. They're like bookie numbers without the over-round and the "implied" aspect of probability.

That said if there's one man who make a proper cunt of those numbers it's Steve Bruce.

They're a fair representation of where we're at now, but things like players returning from injury, or a team going on an unlikely run of good form can skew the numbers a lot. Still, I'd say that given all the factors, the bottom 3 are likely to remain the bottom 3 at the end of the season. So my willy stays waving.

IMHO Fulham are one good result from turning things around and West Brom's upturn is also worrying.

I think Brighton made a huge mistake letting go of their experienced keeper and putting all their faith in a young in-experienced goaltender, finding as they get sucked closer to the relegation fight things might not be so rosie.

Their remaining fixtures, with the exception of Sheff United are all tricky.

Burnley also have some difficult games including both Sheff United and Fulham - althought those are both away, so they might be sweating.

As much as I hate fat Sham, I'm going to put some $20 on them not to be relegated at 10/1.

Edited by sammynb

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

IMHO Fulham are one good result from turning things around and West Brom's upturn is also worrying.

I think Brighton made a huge mistake letting go of their experienced keeper and putting all their faith in a young in-experienced goaltender, finding as they get sucked closer to the relegation fight things might not be so rosie.

Their remaining fixtures, with the exception of Sheff United are all tricky.

Burnley also have some difficult games including both Sheff United and Fulham - althought those are both away, so they might be sweating.

As much as I hate fat Sham, I'm going to put some $20 on them not to be relegated at 10/1.

14:1 on BetFred for WestBrom to stay up. I think will join you with a cheeky 20

I don’t normally watch Fat Sam’s interviews - his droning whinge makes me want to skewer my eardrums - but I made an exception after tonight’s match. Thoroughly enjoyable, looked like he’d just trod dog shit through his house.

• Haha 5

On 22/04/2021 at 20:41, Isegrim said:

It’s always pleasing to see fat Sam manically chewing when his teams are getting trashed.

I watched his interview after the match and thought

“I wish we had a no bullshit talking manager like that”

Then I thought “fuck me I have become mackemised”.

But then I remembered Steve Bacon Bruce.........

• Haha 1

hat doffed to cheltenham town for their promotion to the third division.  have always followed their fortunes since being down here, have been a sporadic visitor to their matches over the years, they need to change their strips, it's really difficult to get passionate about a team in red and white stripes.

:)

• Haha 2