Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

On 22/11/2020 at 13:03, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

This season is going to be record breaking for having the lowest points tally and survive in the premiership.

I apologise if that sentence makes no sense.

I think 34 is the lowest, everybody is safe above Fulhan with 37, however it could still be a lower number was suffiecient.

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s getting flayed in the replies, more over the “managers are judged on results.” line tbh. 
What a fucking weasel :lol:

Now claiming he wasn’t referring to NUFC or Bruce. He’s such a fucking weirdo :lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

:lol: What a gimp he is man, as I’ve said I hope everyone in the NE just stops bothering with his articles as he clearly has such disdain for the area. What other reason would he have to bring Parker up, other than to defend a bloke that’s been a below average manager for 20 year? I know he likes to pretend his scope is greater than NE football but tbh it’s not.

It might sound harsh wanting the bloke to lose his job, but tbh the NE football community deserves better than this fucking loser. He’s clearly hit his ceiling as a journalist and is pissy about it, the bloke hasn’t broken a notable story in who knows how long despite two years of sucking Bruce off, so has now taken to simply trolling the fan base he’s supposed to be engaging positively with and building trust with. I honestly have more respect for Lee Ryder at this point and he’s a journalist that can’t spell check his own articles for fuck sake. Edwards now basically just posts a shite article coupled with a trolling tweet, then when people point out something from the tweet, headline, or synopsis he just retorts with some rehashed bullshit telling them to read the article in a snobby, arrogant tone. He’s an arrogant prick for someone that is clearly shit at his job. It would be far better having someone that’s excited at the opportunity to cover NE football, and actually work to produce interesting articles/genuine information, he conveniently forgets he acted like the Henry Mauriss bid was more credible than the Saudi one...

His knowledge of football is also very poor for a bloke whose job is to literally talk about football. He’s acting like it’s insane for people to say they’d take Parker over Bruce, yet Parker got Fulham promoted which is something Bruce hasn’t done in fucking yonks (including when he had the most expensively assembled squad in Championship history), Parker is also working with a newly promoted side not one in their 4th season so Luke should be able to see that’s not a fair comparison, there’s also the fact that Parker doesn’t regularly embarrass himself and the club he represents, nor does he see a decent win as an opportunity to launch attacks on his own clubs fan base. I think Luke is also missing the point that people that are saying they’d take Parker over Bruce aren’t suggesting Parker is some brilliant manager, it’s further indictment of Bruce. If the bloke genuinely can’t see why the fan base has an issue with Steve Bruce then he’s beyond help. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

it's cringeworthy like and a bit sad to watch a 40 odd year old bloke's mental breakdown unfold in real time on an open forum like twitter.

most media companies have pretty strict social media guidelines regarding trolling readers, or feeding trolls, getting into massive arguments, wasting time and energy trying to have the last word in arguments with online strangers etc etc.

it's damaging for the paper's brand and it's hard to believe the telegraph haven't noticed what is going on, or at the least had a word. i know people who have had severe bollockings for far less. 

• Like 3

Funny thing is he probably gets the takeover info off Bruce. Meaning Bruce knows about as much as the rest of us. As an aside, I remember Bobby Robson trying to get to the bottom of who kept leaking stories to the press about what was going on behind the scenes. Apparently it was Freddie Shepherd :lol: 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's cringeworthy like and a bit sad to watch a 40 odd year old bloke's mental breakdown unfold in real time on an open forum like twitter.

most media companies have pretty strict social media guidelines regarding trolling readers, or feeding trolls, getting into massive arguments, wasting time and energy trying to have the last word in arguments with online strangers etc etc.

it's damaging for the paper's brand and it's hard to believe the telegraph haven't noticed what is going on, or at the least had a word. i know people who have had severe bollockings for far less. 

He works for the fucking Torygraph, they’re probably feeding him his lines. 

He is as tedious as odious.

He is also an obnoxious liar and keeps coming up with the myths that fans do now unjustly blame his mate Bruce but not Ashley. He is totally ignoring the result if the survey from the Chronicle a couple of months ago that proved the opposite.

I am also disabled about his mates in the media who give a free reign by regularly sticking up for him saying what a nice bloke he is in real life. That might be right but doesn’t change the fact that he spouts nonsense and does behave like a tosser.

• Like 2

That's it then, Citeh are champions, the bottom three is already decided, when was the last time the greatest league in the world was basically decided with three rounds to go?

So does our lot get to do the guard of honour as Citeh are presented the trophy on Friday night? Probably the closest most of them will ever come to seeing what it is like to win something.

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

That's it then, Citeh are champions, the bottom three is already decided, when was the last time the greatest league in the world was basically decided with three rounds to go?

So does our lot get to do the guard of honour as Citeh are presented the trophy on Friday night? Probably the closest most of them will ever come to seeing what it is like to win something.

I hope so, just to annoy those Man United fans like Bruce and Edwards.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Isegrim said:

He is also an obnoxious liar and keeps coming up with the myths that fans do now unjustly blame his mate Bruce but not Ashley. He is totally ignoring the result if the survey from the Chronicle a couple of months ago that proved the opposite.

I am also disabled about his mates in the media who give a free reign by regularly sticking up for him saying what a nice bloke he is in real life. That might be right but doesn’t change the fact that he spouts nonsense and does behave like a tosser.

Asked a journo last year about it

[quote]Do you know Luke Edwards at all? If you do, is he this antagonistic in real life, or is this just a twitter persona he’s cultivating?
Jul 21, 2020, 6:52 PM
Bit of both! But he’s a really sound guy and does get info from genuine places. You’d like him in person![/quote]

I'm not sure I would like him in person. My sister-in-law's boyfriend, lets call him Mark, is antagonistic, pointlessly controversial, and he's a right cunt. Edwards is either doing this for attention, or it's his actual personality. Either way, him and Mark aren't invited to my 40th.

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I am not only disabled but even disappointed, mostly with the predictive text of my phone or my bratwurstlike fingers.

Fingers like pig’s tits. 

I feel your pain, brother :lol:

22 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Anecdotal and actual evidence suggests otherwise

• Like 1