Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Top four, FA Cup winners and previous PL champions but still not eligible for the ‘Big six’. 

Glad to see them win it.

Shows what good ownership and management can achieve.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Shows what good ownership and management can achieve.

You could see from the scenes on the pitch with the owner what sort of a relationship the players have with him. It’s about a bit of money, a lot of ambition and a genuine desire by everyone to work together towards progressing the club.

Contrast that with our perennial standoff between the players and owner over the bonus sheet. When you have a positive vision and unity then good things happen.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You could see from the scenes on the pitch with the owner what sort of a relationship the players have with him. It’s about a bit of money, a lot of ambition and a genuine desire by everyone to work together towards progressing the club.

Contrast that with our perennial standoff between the players and owner over the bonus sheet. When you have a positive vision and unity then good things happen.

They really made the most of the miracle when they won the league. They did invest in the team and facilities and got the right manager for them. I am pleased for them and they deserve it. I just hope they will hold off Chelsea or Liverpool in the league as well.

• Like 1

In years gone by I would've hated them because I would've wanted to be them, and envied their success. Now I'm just happy that there's someone out there carrying a torch for positive football, a good relationship between fans, manager, players, and owner, and an actual attempt to succeed on the merits, not just buy or cheat their way to something that their billionaire owners can term "victory." 

• Like 3

How quaint. How old fashioned. A club that isn’t run by muppets, owned by a horrible fat arsehole and isn’t happy to lose to the BIg Six in every competition as long as it squeaks to 17th place in the league every year.

Masters must be livid.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Alex said:

I still remember the semi final v them in 2000 and what a set of cunts their fans were after the game. :) 

I was there  Remember we battered them but Poyet scored 2 against the run of play. The mantra from them was "it's  goals that count, innit". True, but they're still cunts. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was there  Remember we battered them but Poyet scored 2 against the run of play. The mantra from them was "it's  goals that count, innit". True, but they're still cunts. 

Some of my worst memories are of London football supporters with faces like a smacked arse after beating us at Wembley. Entitled ungrateful fuckin wankers. One of our lot ordered some gooners to try to enjoy themselves in the tube after the cup final. That didn’t end well 👊

• Like 2

Just to say Leicester have won one league title, one FA cup & two league cups since we demolished them 7-1 at St James Park in May 1993. We’re fuckin cursed. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Alex said:

I still remember the semi final v them in 2000 and what a set of cunts their fans were after the game. :) 

I'm not a football hooligan at all but one of their lot was saved from a sore jaw by the fact a bairn was very close by. Absolute epitome of the classic cockney wanker and caked his pants when pulled up. Most gutted I've been coming out of a match is between this and the 1990 play off. 

• Like 2

Liverpool grabbing a last minute win against West Brom through the keeper scoring and Martin Tyler acting like they’ve just won the Champions League :lol: 

• Haha 5