Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Burnley beating Everton. If it stays that way they are probably safe. 

Bruce's "6 or 7 clubs looking over their shoulder" has turned into "Brighton looking over their shoulder", and not even a whiff of a P45 for him

Any other manager with less friends in the press and among the pundits would have been long gone because of the public pressure. But we are still getting told by the likes of Edwards and others that a change of manager won’t change anything. Their main objective is still to stick up for their friend but not the fans.

We are still getting stories about Brucey’s experience and managerial credentials even though he has achieved fuck all as a manager and I don’t think any set of fans of one of his former clubs would welcome him back.

Three clangers, the one for the second goal being the worst obviously, and a total collapse in the second half. It has to be seen in the context of playing Citeh, but three clangers are three clangers regardless of who you're playing. Lets hope it will knock the confidence of the Fulham defence a bit, and bring back some early season mistakes into their defence. Would love a few more from Citeh here.

Edited by Polarboy

7 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Prickford has a tendency to dive forwards for long shots and he did for the second,leaving him no chance of getting to it.If you’re even thinking of disagreeing,watch it again.

Nobody except you cares enough, and I include Everton fans in that.

• Haha 3

:lol: Sorry like but I have to laugh. It’s just fucking incredible that basically every Newcastle fan could see this is where hiring Bruce would lead us, and despite how ridiculously fluky as fuck our good runs were we were told we were idiots and just didn’t understand football. What a fucking joke. It’s too late now to sack the cunt too, may as keep the punchable prick so Ashley can save whatever absurd amount of money he had written into Bruce’s contract that incentivized failure so we can spend it on whatever Krafth/Joelinton level talent we have lined up. 

• Like 2

Another nail in the coffin today. Southampton are lucky they are on 33pts because they look atrocious without Ings in the side, and even he was a bit out of form before he got injured again. They'll probably scrape six points from somewhere in nine games though. We on the other hand face the six pointers of all six pointers, you know until we play Fulham last game of the season, against Brighton next week. Hard to see where the inspiration is going to come from, you know apart from Murphy 😉 Almiron can't do it all on his own if he's back either.

• Like 1

Fulham and Brighton, while both being poor teams, tend to play pretty well any time I see them, on the other hand we look absolutely dreadful every match regardless of the result. Genuinely think we are down tbh, I just don’t see us beating anyone. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Howay said:

Fulham and Brighton, while both being poor teams, tend to play pretty well any time I see them, on the other hand we look absolutely dreadful every match regardless of the result. Genuinely think we are down tbh, I just don’t see us beating anyone. 

If we don't win against Brighton and then subsequently don't sack Bruce immediately, we're down. If we win against Brighton with hopefully ASM, Almiron and Wilson all back after the international break we might be OK, even with the cabbage in charge.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Howay said:

We’ve definitely improved over the past few games but still looked second best in everyone of those games.When Wilson returns I expect him to ready for the fight,Almiron will still run around but probably be ineffective against the top sides and The Saint.....possibly, when he receives the ball in the opposition half,which we won’t be in very often against the top sides.Krafth or Manquillo to keep it tight at the back ??? Lascelles sticking with his man in the centre of defence ???? Shelvey holding the fort in midfield???? Useless Joe playing in any game ????  The future doesn’t look bright.

• Like 1

It's over to us then, but we couldn't have asked for a better start to this weekend. Well Leeds messing up their goal difference a bit more would have been nice obviously. Of course I really shouldn't get my hopes up that we'll actually capitalise on this. Bruce is likely looking at this result and thinking, well I'm definitely parking the bus tomorrow, as opposed to 99% certain.

32 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’ll be a draw tonight btw. And Bruce will claim it’s a good result despite Brighton remaining a point ahead with a far healthier goal difference

He’s only bothered about keeping us in 17th place. Which let’s face it is his brief from Ashley and what we should be pleased with according to his mates in the media.

• Meenzer changed the title to Other games 2019/2020/2021
1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Oof.

As a Scot that's seen his national team only manage a draw with the fucking Faraoe Islands (more than once), this result is less surprising than Hearts recently getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup by Highland league part-timers who hadnt played a competitive game for about 3 months.

2 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

As a Scot that's seen his national team only manage a draw with the fucking Faraoe Islands (more than once), this result is less surprising than Hearts recently getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup by Highland league part-timers who hadnae played a competitive game for about 3 months.

Blastro'd YP 👌