Newcastle United vs Arsenal

Tom

7 minutes ago, tooner said:

we looked terrible and clueless, at least last year we looked terrible and organised.  i fear this doesn't bode well for the next 37 games.

Across midfield we did. The defence in the first half played well and didn't really give Arsenal a sniff. Putting Willems at LB changed the game. Richie isn't a CM either. I'm not even sure what formation we were playing by the time Longstaff went off. 523 at a guess

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Across midfield we did. The defence in the first half played well and didn't really give Arsenal a sniff. Putting Willems at LB changed the game. Richie isn't a CM either. I'm not even sure what formation we were playing by the time Longstaff went off. 523 at a guess

agreed, it was more of comment on how we are rudderless with old saggy face in charge. i also felt that Miggy wants to do it all himself, easy fucking passes win the day, he was effective in the first half but was too easy to dispossess by the 4th or 5th guy he was trying to run past.

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

From the guardians match report :lol: ... 

If it hardly bodes well for Bruce that the chaotic preamble to that goal involved him screaming ‘what the fuck’s happening’ as his new Netherlands left-back, Jetro Willems, replaced Jonjo Shelvey and immediately began charging around in midfield, these are very early days.

"What the fucks happening" :lol: 

• Haha 2

Cush.

I'd be tempted to revert back to 442. Almiron and ASM on the wings, Dummett back to LB and the Swedish lad at RB. Proper full backs that don't go past half way and allow the wingers to have less defensive responsibility.

Carroll or Gayle playing next to Joelinton. Longstaff looks better in a midfield 2 as well. Him and Hayden would start for me. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

Didn't watch it as I was out but reading it sounds like we had fuck all plan. I was expecting a 3-0 loss so when I saw 1-0 I was meh. But looking at reports sounds like arsenal were shit really. 

Fair? 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Didn't watch it as I was out but reading it sounds like we had fuck all plan. I was expecting a 3-0 loss so when I saw 1-0 I was meh. But looking at reports sounds like arsenal were shit really. 

Fair? 

We were alright in the first half - a lot last year, not creating much but certainly giving them a game. Have to say they weren't that good though. 

The shambles started when the fraud took shelvey off and put Wilhems on, from then on we were a fucking shambles with no fucker knowing where they were supposed to be. The second sub just added to the chaos.

Edited by NJS

The bench was dire as well. He was saying Dummett and Lascelle's weren't 100% so loaded it with defenders leaving us with no room for central midfield changes. Just shite decisions like that will cost you in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Cush.

I'd be tempted to revert back to 442. Almiron and ASM on the wings, Dummett back to LB and the Swedish lad at RB. Proper full backs that don't go past half way and allow the wingers to have less defensive responsibility.

Carroll or Gayle playing next to Joelinton. Longstaff looks better in a midfield 2 as well. Him and Hayden would start for me. 

Sounds cutting edge mate. Just need a big fat centre half and a radgey keeper and it sounds like a perfect pub team

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Cush.

I'd be tempted to revert back to 442. Almiron and ASM on the wings, Dummett back to LB and the Swedish lad at RB. 

Exactly my thoughts, with a little tweak, 4-3-1-2

Dubravka

Krafth     Schar    Lascells   Dummett

Hayden  Longstaff  Shelvey

Miggy

Joelie                Maxi