Delia's Dick Suckers V Bruce's Barmy Brigade

Anorthernsoul

Terrible performance, as expected. Norwich looked lively against Liverpool and from the start they were the better side against us.

Special mention to Krafth for a terrible debut. Looks to be a signing that makes no sense really as on the strength of that and everything I've read he's not up to Manquillo's standard and definitely isn't as fast as Yedlin.

Absolute sitter missed by our "40m signing", Rondon or even Mitro would have scored it. Might as well rename him "40m signing" as it's how the commentators refer to him almost without fail. I'm not sure whether they do it in an attempt to absolve Ashley of his deriliction of duty, or they're just pointing out that we may have been dudded.

Hayden was the only player who looked decent for us, and even he gave up in the second half. Must have been a rousing team talk.

We're entertaining just for the comically predictable way things are falling apart already. Expect a formation change next game and Bruce to admit he made some arbitrary mistake here. Nevermind the real mistake that he should never have been in consideration.

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tbf, how can we have 3 CBs on the pitch but end up 2 v 1 against Krafth

Yeah can't blame him for that one. He had a stinker though, never looked comfortable.

We had a couple of wonderful chances that may have gave us a spark. It may have given everybody a lift and it won’t mask the result.

I can’t remember a good afternoon coming back to Norwich. We were simply disappointing and nowhere near good enough. 

With and without the ball we simply didn’t do enough to influence the game, especially at this level. We always knew Norwich was going to be difficult. They play a certain way and romped away with the Championship so we were under no illusions that it was going to be difficult.

It was one of those disappointing afternoons where we didn’t do enough with or without the ball. The big turning point in the game was when we missed the two chances before the goal. You might not be at your best but at this level, the standard and the big chances we had - we’ve got to take one of those. If we had taken one it might have given us the belief that was lacking but we didn’t take them.

Sometimes you get beat and you accept it. But the manner of it - we haven’t done enough. That’s always disappointing.

Ready for the stick...

I’ve got to be ready for the flack which will come my way. And, to be perfectly honest, sometimes you deserve a bit of stick. I’ve got no problem with that because, today, we weren’t good enough

50 minutes ago, Noelie said:

I advocated giving Bruce a chance ...........NOT ANY FUCKING MORE.

From the kick-off we were second-best, maybe worse than that.......it was painful to watch.

5 almost invisible midfielders with the exception of Hayden, the midfield was like an open door for Norwich.

Bruce obviously couldn't see it cos he made no adjustments and stayed with it throughout..........it wasn't fucking working Stevie.

Almiron was almost anonymous and so was Joelinton............no service from the 5 man midfield who had no control at anytime.

At the moment I am a miserable, unhappy camper, disgusted, and plain fucking angry.

Do you think that maybe, in hindsight, your previous criticism of Benitez was somewhat misguided?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Norwich fan here and come in peace.

Few thoughts? We played you guys off the park. At times we looked like fucking Brazil in the way we passed. Your midfield was non existent.

Joelitner Sp) 40mill? Have a word. We bagged Teemu for free from brondby and is currently the premiership top scorer

All in all a bad day at the races for you chaps. You looked decent at times but I think we wanted it more.

Anyway I hope you stay up. Sort your midfield out and sack that fat twat Ashley

P.s Bruce got a standing ovation from us. You're too much of a big club for the championship 

P.p.s pukki goal #1 was unstoppable. Screamer. Good luck toon

Edited by Pukkiparty

1 minute ago, Pukkiparty said:

Few thoughts? We played you guys off the park. At times we looked like fucking Brazil in the way we passed. Your midfield was non existent.

Joelitner Sp) 40mill? Have a word. We bagged Teemu for free from brondby and is currently the premiership top scorer

All in all a bad day at the races for you chaps. You looked decent at times but I think we wanted it more.

P.s Bruce got a standing ovation from us. You're too much of a big club for the championship 

We’ll be the punching bags this season, but if your team can keep playing the way they did today they’ll stay up comfortably. To be fair to Joelinton he’s been given absolutely no chance with the policies at the club, you shouldn’t be relying on a 22 year old lad who scored 7 Bundesliga goals to adapt to the PL and score enough to keep you up right away, but that’s Mike Ashley always happy to gamble. 

Nice of you to say we’re too big for the Championship, but to be honest under Ashley we’re not and it’s probably where we should be. I think we’ll come 20th, from having seen the performances of teams people had pegged as being likely to come 20th (Villa and Brighton) we’re behind them performance wise going off the first 2 games imo. 

9 minutes ago, Pukkiparty said:

Almost all of us want to be relegated mate, it's the only way to remove the cancer.

Don't read too much into your season from this result, we're a hollowed out shell of a football club. Having said that, with us going down it increases your chances of staying up. Good luck with it.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Shock that Toontastic favorite Luke “the helmet” Edwards is digging out fans, and calling it a meltdown over the result. It’s not like Steve Bruce has decades of managerial failure people can point to as to this being an ongoing outcome is there...

Edited by Howay

I think my favourite line from ewerk's Bruce quotes above is "I can’t remember a good afternoon coming back to Norwich."

If you've never once managed to go to somewhere like Norwich and get a performance out of your side, maybe you ought to have the self-awareness to think that football management isn't for you. :lol: 

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

THIS IS ALL BRUCES FAULT

I don’t think anyone is saying that. Bruce is part of the problem, but the only reason we have someone as mediocre as Bruce is Ashley.

I’m fairly sure that everyone is criticising Bruce understands the underlying problem. They don’t have to qualify their criticism in this way every time they make it.

20 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I don’t think anyone is saying that. Bruce is part of the problem, but the only reason we have someone as mediocre as Bruce is Ashley.

I’m fairly sure that everyone is criticising Bruce understands the underlying problem. They don’t have to qualify their criticism in this way every time they make it.

I’m saying that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Do you think that maybe, in hindsight, your previous criticism of Benitez was somewhat misguided?

No, I don't. Most of my criticism of Rafa was I didn't always agree with his starting line-ups and the fact he always left his substitutions too late in the game..:razz: