Mrs Doubtfires, Desperate Dogshit Diva's v Danny B Mugged off Mincers

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I think I’d enjoy a pint with him. He’s the distant family member that asks how your musics going but doesn’t really care & then hoys you £30 to get to get the round in because he can’t be arsed.

I suspect with Bruce you’d need to hunker down for 15 pints, a lock in, followed by waking up on his living room floor with him watching an old Man Utd video in his underpants and drinking whiskey

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Pretty impressive to beat Spurs away from home. Bruce is the new messiah 

If that comment isn't asking for a barrage of crap-talk from the anti-Bruce wankers, I don't know what is.:)

I was pretty apathetic watching the game, which is obviously a shame as it’s a match I’d have been really excited about. I will say though listening to utter cunts like Robbie Keane whinging about not getting the pen was class :lol: 

With regard to Bruce, I can’t say I’m arsed about wanting him out because if it isn’t him it’ll be some other old British dinosaur, Ashley is and always will be the root of the problem and where the ire should be pointed. There is the underlying fact that Bruce is an utter cunt, immediately having a pop at the fans who have been against him is an example of that, I know it’s probably what you’d want to do but you just don’t do it and it sets him up for a fall when the results in future inevitably don’t go his way. I give him the credit he deserves for the result but before he puffs his chest out too much he should also realize Spurs could have easily won that if they had more about them with all their possession, and the penalty incident could easily have went against us. 

Fwiw I do sadly want us to go down. Firstly because it cuts Ashley off from the gravy train, which may make him sell, but also I just feel it’d be better for us to watch down there with the level we are under Ashley. I get that many want us to stay in the PL but personally I don’t enjoy watching us play backs to the wall most weeks, so if we’re not going to bother investing and improving we may as well watch our side give some weak teams a hiding. 

• Like 3

Just like under the later Pardew and McClaren years it’s hard to fully enjoy the victory as you know it’s just papering over the cracks. The truth remains that we’re going nowhere under Bruce and if he’s sacked then there remains a hope that Ashley will accidentally stumble on a decent manager out there who might be able to get us a little bit excited.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, OTF said:

Keeping Shelvey out of the side will help.

Glad we have the VAR or else Dean would have given a penalty. It rightfully wasn't given by the VAR, Kane definitely played for the penalty, Lascelles daft to go down like that though, assuming he didn't just slip. At least he committed to the act and went off with an 'injury' afterwards.

Never a pen.Kane changed the direction of his run to fall on Lascelles.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

if he’s sacked then there remains a hope that Ashley will accidentally stumble on a decent manager out there who might be able to get us a little bit excited.

Nice to dream but it is probably just that.  Lightning unlikely to strike twice, I fear.

I was listening to 5live last night and for once that bell end Savage talked sense re the pen. 

It was never a pen in a fucking million years. Like what's been put here Kane moved his direction to go into. Lascelles and he was going away from goal anyways. Big tongued cunt 

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It was never a pen in a fucking million years. Like what's been put here Kane moved his direction to go into. Lascelles and he was going away from goal anyways. Big tongued cunt 

It was a penalty for me. Yes, Kane made the most of it but if he hadn't then he still would have been impeded by the falling Lascelles.

I think the reason that VAR didn't give it was because the ref had already seen it and it's wasn't a clear and obvious error by him. An example of VAR working as it should do rather than re-refereeing every decision.

• Like 1

Dean judged it wasn't a pen. VAR just comfirmed it. Lascelles put his hand on Kane and it could easily have been a penalty. Kane was very sly though and teams like Spurs are crafty/sly in these situations which has gained them many easy points over the years. Expecting VAR to cut down on the these types of teams and players which has been a long time coming (probably just because we've never been good at it, more than a being an honest person!). Enjoyed the game. Well chuffed with the three points.

Big difference Shelvey not playing, I thought we hit lucky Maximin coming off and Atsu coming on as I thought he was brilliant for us yesterday and I'm not always his biggest fan. Sky were fucking laughable yesterday, bullshitting about how dominant Spurs were whilst putting up a couple of graphics showing 'Spurs 0-2 NUFC' shots and 'Spurs 0-2 NUFC' shots on target as well the constant scoreline in the corner. Spurs did the square root of fuck all with the ball in the first half, we'd already wasted a great chance to score by the time Joelinton gave us the lead. 

• Like 4

Lad stood behind us at WHL yesterday just knew :lol:

Great day, pleased we weren’t fuckin humiliated on national tv. As much as I detest Ashley it’s difficult to not love the sheer joyful exuberance of a bunch of piss taking mags when the team wins away from home....

51557154-61D6-4AC8-B10B-ABB11461F5FE.jpeg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Big difference Shelvey not playing, I thought we hit lucky Maximin coming off and Atsu coming on as I thought he was brilliant for us yesterday and I'm not always his biggest fan. Sky were fucking laughable yesterday, bullshitting about how dominant Spurs were whilst putting up a couple of graphics showing 'Spurs 0-2 NUFC' shots and 'Spurs 0-2 NUFC' shots on target as well the constant scoreline in the corner. Spurs did the square root of fuck all with the ball in the first half, we'd already wasted a great chance to score by the time Joelinton gave us the lead. 

I said as much about Atsu on Twitter. Playing an injured player (again) and not using the squad, a pattern developing 

• Like 1