Brucie's Team of Beef Flap Munchers v Elton's Peperami Tickle Stick Play Boys

wykikitoon

Joe looks a decent all round player.Unless we find a couple of players who can pick the ball up,run at pace and get past players, we're going to struggle to create enough chances and score enough goals to stay up.Almiron was brought in to be one of the players but he seems to run out of ideas when he reaches the edge of the box.In his defence though,we don't get enough bodies up to give him enough options and to support Joe.

He does get by most players with his pace but last time I looked he had zero goals and zero assists in league play since his arrival in January.  As a former basketball coach once said around these parts about some players who went the entire game without contributing anything: "We had guys that had a stat line -zero, zero, zero, zero, zero"

https://streamable.com/bg2c3#

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

You'd expect 4pts from those 4 fixtures in most seasons under Ashley, just not the way they came. definitely unlucky not to get all 3. Was the tackle on Hayden not a penalty? Looked it to me. Almiron needs one to go in off his arse, Joelinton looks decent. I just don't really care enough any more to write my usual three page essay.

Every cloud 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Joe looks a decent all round player.Unless we find a couple of players who can pick the ball up,run at pace and get past players, we're going to struggle to create enough chances and score enough goals to stay up.Almiron was brought in to be one of the players but he seems to run out of ideas when he reaches the edge of the box.In his defence though,we don't get enough bodies up to give him enough options and to support Joe.

He needs to look up sometimes and do the simple thing. A quick 1,2 with his pace would see him clear of a defence, but he insists on running into trouble on his own.

12 hours ago, sammynb said:

That's about the sum of it Noelie.

You know I get your take on the whole situation. 

You're staring down the barrel of a fast approaching expiry date(I don't need reminding) and you desperately want to see the club win something more than a throw in before then, so you're willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

But the truth is as long as the cunt owns the club and he keeps employing clowns there is zero chance of us winning anything before you pop your clogs.(thank-you)

The only hope you have my Californian friend is if the club is sold because nothing will change otherwise. 

5 hours ago, zerosum said:

He needs to look up sometimes and do the simple thing. A quick 1,2 with his pace would see him clear of a defence, but he insists on running into trouble on his own.

His runs are from too deep.Quick one-two's with Joe won't be effective unless he gets up next to,or just behind him.I agree he runs into trouble too often.

Almiron should be playing on the left, he's all left foot.

Last season even if he didn't directly contribute to an assist stat, the scond ball from his run would often lead to the assist for a goal.

For some stupid reason cabbage heed has him playing on the right (I bet it's because ASM has laid claim to the left) and when he does get around his man he scuffs his pass/cross because his righ foot is only good for standing on.

Or he tries to cut inside and it makes it so much easier for the defender, so you can see he's cutting inside to early as he has no confidence.

Almiron is all about pace.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Last season even if he didn't directly contribute to an assist stat, the scond ball from his run would often lead to the assist for a goal.

For some stupid reason cabbage heed has him playing on the right (I bet it's because ASM has laid claim to the left) and when he does get around his man he scuffs his pass/cross because his righ foot is only good for standing on.

Or he tries to cut inside and it makes it so much easier for the defender, so you can see he's cutting inside to early as he has no confidence.

I read this post through and thought "fucking hell, that's perhaps the most intelligent thing essembee has ever posted" and then did a double take.

I agree with you. It was unsettling for a moment though.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

They looked unfit yesterday, especially in the first half. Second best to every ball, a yard off the pace. They'll need better service to Joelinton if he's to have any impact this season. That was the worst I've seen Longstaff play. Still, we lost 0-3 at home to those jokers last season so a draw is an improvement.

The game was calling out for Shelvey to replace one of Longstaff or Hayden in the last 15 minutes, but no, we get two defenders and another striker for no one to provide the ammunition.  

At least it was a right back this time, not a left back.

I see that it is now being argued that VAR should have disallowed Schar's goal, because it touched Hayden's arm, so we were lucky to get a draw :) 

I also noted a couple of times on the broadcast when we had shouts for penalties, and there were few if any replays shown.  If that had been one of the top four or six (or whatever it is now), we would have seen 43 replays to show it should have been a penalty (even the one where Joe tripped himself).

Thanks for the memories. 

Saturday was my first experience in St. James Park. I came from Madrid to your city just for the match. It was the momment I have been waiting for more than 10 years. I spoke with a lot of people in the city, in the stadium and everyone helped me, asked me why was a crazy Atletico de Madrid born fan than loves Newcastle. Love you guys. I can't explain why, but I started to cry when the match started.

Appreciate what you have and you can enjoy every 15 days. You are very very very special.

See you in the future, I know. 

IMG-20190831-WA0032.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Can we all just support Athletico in all? 

Joking aside, I’m really pleased you got that experience mate. As zerosum said I wish it was during better times at the club, but glad you had a good trip regardless of that. 

As for on the pitch echo what many have said about Joelinton and Almiron. It looked like for Atlanta Almiron played through the middle at times, jumping on the flick ons from the forward or even running in advance of him onto through balls. It would be worth trying at home against some of the weaker sides. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sammynb said:

We have very little pace in the team so aye,get him wide left,get the ball to him quickly,get a player or two bombing through the middle to join Joe and watch the goals go in !!!  Sorted.

2 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Thanks for the memories. 

Saturday was my first experience in St. James Park. I came from Madrid to your city just for the match. It was the momment I have been waiting for more than 10 years. I spoke with a lot of people in the city, in the stadium and everyone helped me, asked me why was a crazy Atletico de Madrid born fan than loves Newcastle. Love you guys. I can't explain why, but I started to cry when the match started.

Appreciate what you have and you can enjoy every 15 days. You are very very very special.

See you in the future, I know. 

IMG-20190831-WA0032.jpg

Good one

9 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I see that it is now being argued that VAR should have disallowed Schar's goal, because it touched Hayden's arm, so we were lucky to get a draw :) 

I also noted a couple of times on the broadcast when we had shouts for penalties, and there were few if any replays shown.  If that had been one of the top four or six (or whatever it is now), we would have seen 43 replays to show it should have been a penalty (even the one where Joe tripped himself).

I remember when that twat Ray Stubbs highlighted Williamson elbowing ( I think ) an opposition player on TV which resulted in Iron Mike receiving a three game ban.The power of TV replays.